pbtom
What's New?

May be going under the knife

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Speedy recovery snake! Take it easy, relax and be well my friend. You got this.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
First visit back to the Dr. went well. Since I only needed my labrum repaired the Doc said I can keep my arm out of the sling except for sleeping and driving. PT will be shorter than expected with 2x/wk. for only 4 weeks. I can deal with that!

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
10 days post op and the night pain is getting much better. Found a nice position where my arm is in a neutral position. I'm on my unaffected side, 2 pillows under my head, one at my side and a body pillow that I hug like a 21 y.o. double D.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
That is great snake, happy to hear you have found some comfortable position. It is a bitch....i feel for you. I know that every day you are getting better and better. Its such a cliche statement, but it is true.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Glad its getting better for you. I have one of those beds that you can raise the head and feet. During my post surgery recovery period I'd raise the bed up to a high inclined sitting position with my feet elevated and pack pillows around me to keep me from tossing and turning while sleeping.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Good luck with that recovery. @Littleguy will be over to help you bathe.
Glad the surgery went well. And yes, Littleguy is a great comfort in helping to bathe those hard to reach places after surgery.

You two bastards, I take a day off and you gang up on me:mad:
I am gonna booby trap LK's smoker and steal Biggies T-shirt;):p

10 days post op and the night pain is getting much better. Found a nice position where my arm is in a neutral position. I'm on my unaffected side, 2 pillows under my head, one at my side and a body pillow that I hug like a 21 y.o. double D.

Man you are sooooo lucky, I was told going in it woule be 6 months and they were not kidding I have a 3 1/2 inch plate and 6 screws in there though:( just really getting back in the groove now and mine was March 12 .
Relax and heal up and get back into it slowly the long road is better than messing it up again.
Cheers

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Man you are sooooo lucky, I was told going in it woule be 6 months and they were not kidding I have a 3 1/2 inch plate and 6 screws in there though:( just really getting back in the groove now and mine was March 12 .
Relax and heal up and get back into it slowly the long road is better than messing it up again.
Cheers

Well I think it's safe to say what you had was a little more invasive then a simple shoulder clean up. lol Plan is now get my ROM back and then slowly get back into it. Truthfully, I'm not going to feel like a man again until I can get a bar on back

T

Therealkiller

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2019
Slow and steady wins the race. Yes, it takes around 6 months for everything to heal. I and some others I worked with were almost going 100% in 5 (obviously no Olympic movements).

Good that you found a comfy position to sleep in. You can also get a 45 degree foam wedge to sleep on. Add a pillow on each side and 2 under your knees to relieve low back pain and you are GTG.

Remember you can only optimize healing time, not increase the speed.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
A month removed and I think I'm healing okay. I don't know why but all my shoulder muscles still ache without even moving anything. In all, I'm slightly better.

Mentally, I'm hanging in there. Feel like a pile of dog shit and my body has taken on the consistence of a bowl of Jell-o. Body weight is the same; just swapping pure muscle for fat on a 1:1 ratio. Thank God I can at least take a crossbow into the woods to keep my mind occupied.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic