Buki1718
What's New?

May be going under the knife

T

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Safety squat bar?
Or cheaper option, spud inc has a strap that attaches to any barbell.
Great idea and it has been considered but here's where I'm at. I want a chance to one day be able to handle some of the weight I use to use. To do that, I will need to back to my squatting form and that requires a low bar. I'm hoping by stretching 2x/day and pushing the issue on squats, I can get it to happen. My fear is that I will get too comfortable with a safety bar that I never move forward.

Funny because your suggestion would be what I would tell anyone in my circumstance.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Great idea and it has been considered but here's where I'm at. I want a chance to one day be able to handle some of the weight I use to use. To do that, I will need to back to my squatting form and that requires a low bar. I'm hoping by stretching 2x/day and pushing the issue on squats, I can get it to happen. My fear is that I will get too comfortable with a safety bar that I never move forward.

Funny because your suggestion would be what I would tell anyone in my circumstance.
*LOL*...This is exactly how I feel, bro!...I don't think I have/can accept my disability!!!...I get so tired of being in this condition!...I keep hoping I will at some point go into the gym and something will *pop* (for the good of course) and it will be over and I and get back to lifting like a man again!...All I do is mess around with stretching then go into machine work...Really sucks when u are use to free weights and being able to lift a decent amount of iron...I don't how many times a day I have to stop myself from giving up, but, I guess with me doing this for so long now, that ain't happening!...

I didn't read whole thread...Have u had surgery or still contemplating it?...

Last edited:
hawkeye

hawkeye

MuscleHead
Sep 19, 2011
I think the biggest issue is the surgery vs no surgery is what your goals and what you anticipate or desire to do after. I had bicep tendon repair from a tendon and bicep rupture from deadlifting. Obviously, it was a must do. I have function of it probably 85-90% but like you mentioned, it lets you know if things get out of line. Its been at least 5-6 years and I would say its the best its going to be. At some point, you have to accept some level of limitations and work within those guidelines. Hang in there and keep grinding. Something is better than nothing in my book.