Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Masking agents?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I'm seeing here and there about guys who are subject to drug testing and what not...several have responded, but I guess I was wondering if there truly is a masking agent. I had a source (no longer in business) that claimed he had a supplement that would mask any AAS or anything else...I am assuming he was full of shit. I just don't ever hear about any type of agents as such. You hear about blood doping and etc, but didn't know if there was actually an compound out there that did this....

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
found this:

AAS testing and masking techniques
GS9902 263 on Thu, 2012-03-29 03:00 • 1 Replies • 265 views.
So I was cruising the web looking for info on Finastride. The search somehow ended up on AAS testing and masking agents and techniques. I have never had the need to take a AAS drug test nor will I ever. So my intent with this post is run this by any Eroids members who have taken tests and have used certain protocols to pass. For the common AAS user these techniques will never applicable
But as you can see from the references that this topic is common knowledge across the web. I understand if there is new techniques that some members may be reluctant to divulge their secrets. Perhaps it might be wise to just give ur opinion on the methods already exposed and are common knowledge. Let's keep some secrets to ourselves;-)
The following excerpt was taken from:
http://forums.steroid.com/archive/index.php/t-402054.html

i didnt write this but here is some good info:

What are masking agents?

Masking agents are drugs or compounds that are taken with the express purpose of hiding or "masking" the presence of specific illegal drugs that are screened for athletic drug testing (4). Masking agents have the potential to impair or conceal the banned substance in the urine (4). The most common masking agents include diuretics, epitestosterone, probenecid and plasma volume expanders (4, 8). Each of these categories is addressed.
How do masking agents it work?

Diuretics: Diuretics have been placed on the prohibited list for some time because of two reasons: 1) they facilitate weight loss via their ability to enhance rapid water loss via urine excretion and 2) they have the potential to rapidly dilute the urine by increasing renal flow. When utilized as a "masking" agent diuretics dilute the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body. This can therefore make it more difficult for the laboratories conducting doping controls to detect (8).

Epitestosterone: When athletes take exogenous testosterone two basic methods can be employed to "mask" the use of these compounds: 1) Utilize transdermal delivery mechanisms or 2) use epitestosterone in conjunction with testosterone use.

One mechanism for "masking" testosterone use is to use transdermal preparations which have the potential to raise circulating testosterone and are only detectable by doping controls via blood profiles in the period of 4-8 hours after administration (2). If the athlete were to utilize transdermal solutions in a systematic method they may be able to administer a low dosage of testosterone that would be below the testing standards.

Probenecid: Probenecid has been shown to reduce the excretion of anabolic steroids into the urine (3), thus potentially reducing the level of androgens below the levels established. In animal studies it has been reported that the co-administration of probenecid and the anabolic steroid stanozolol results in an increased disappearance of the anabolic steroid from the plasma. Additionally, the co-administration of these drugs results in a decrease in the total amount of stanozolol excreted into the urine (7).

Alpha-Reductase Inhibitors: Alpha-reductase inhibitors are generally used for the treatment of prostate hypertrophy and androgenic alopecia (1). It appears that alph-reductase inhibitors have the potential to significantly impact steroid profiles which are used in drug testing. Specifically, they appear to complicate or even prevent the detection of some prohibited substances.

Plasma Volume Expanders: Plasma volume expanders (i.e. albumin, dextran or hydroxyethyl startch) can be used by athletes for several reasons: 1) to prevent dehydration (6) or 2) in order to mask recombinant erythropoietin use (5). When plasma volume expanders are taken with recombinant erythropoietin they can elevate the blood volume while maintaining a blood profile level that is within the legal range (6).
How are masking agents commonly used?

Diuretics: The dosage of diuretic administered varies depending upon the actual drug that is administered. When looking at the diuretic furmosimide the clinical dosage for adults is to give 20-80 mg as a single dosage. However, if needed the same dosage can be give 6-8 hours later. With this dosage scheme a very rapid secretion of urine occurs (1).

Epitestosterone: No pharmaceutical dosages for epitestosterone are available because epitestosterone is only available as a chemical (2).

Alpha-Reductase Inhibitors: The recommended medical dosage for the common alpha-reductase inhibitor, Dutasteride is 0.5 mg taken once daily. However, studies have shown that between 5-40 mg of Dutasteride can be taken per day with minimal adverse side effects. The recommended clinical dosage of Finasteride, another common alpha-reductase inhibitor, is 1 mg per day. Dosages of 80-400 mg per day have been shown to produce minimal adverse reactions (1).

Plasma Expanders: Generally plasma expanders such as albumin are administered with other compounds such as blood, plasma, or saline. Generally, the total dose and rate of infusion relies on the individual's condition and response to treatment. When plasma expanders are administered to adults for medical reasons the general amount used is between 250-500 ml, but dosages should be individualized (1).
What are the potential side effects of masking agents?

Diuretics: The utilization of diuretics may result in the occurrence of heart arrhythmias, dehydration, muscle cramping, blood volume depletion, significant drops in blood pressure and severe electrolyte imbalances. These arrhythmias can occur as a result of a deficiency of potassium in the blood and dehydration (4).

Probenecid: Probenecid use generally results in very few minor side effects. These side effects can include the formation of kidney stones, acute gouty arthritis, hair loss, skin rash, headache, nausea, sore gums, fever and in very rare cases severe anemias (1).

Alpha-Reductase Inhibitors: The most significant side effects associated with the use of some of these masking agents are associated with reproductive dysfunction (1). Reproductive side effects include a decreased libido, increased occurrence of erectile dysfunction, and an increase occurrence in ejaculation disorders (1).

Plasma Expanders: The use of plasma expanders such as albumin can very rarely result in adverse effects. These effects are usually marked by nausea, fever, chills or hives.

Where do I get more information on masking agents?

Web Sites of Interest:

The 2007 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List for 2007 can be accessed at http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/2007_List_En.pdf
The World Anti-Doping Agency Web (WADA) Site can be accessed at http://www.wada-ama.org/en/
The United State Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) Site can be accessed at: http://www.usantidoping.org/
References:

Physicians' Desk Reference. Montvale, NJ: Thomson, 2004.
Catlin DH, Hatton CK, and Starcevic SH. Issues in detecting abuse of xenobiotic anabolic steroids and testosterone by analysis of athletes' urine. Clin Chem 43: 1280-1288, 1997.
Duntas LH and Parisis C. Doping: a challenge to the endocrinologist. A reappraisal in view of the Olympic Games of 2004. Hormones (Athens) 2: 35-42, 2003.
Furlanello F, Bentivegna S, Cappato R, and De Ambroggi L. Arrhythmogenic effects of illicit drugs in athletes. Ital Heart J 4: 829-837, 2003.
Guddat S, Thevis M, and Schanzer W. Identification and quantification of the plasma volume expander dextran in human urine by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry of enzymatically derived isomaltose. Biomed Chromatogr 19: 743-750, 2005.
Gutierrez Gallego R and Segura J. Rapid screening of plasma volume expanders in urine using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18: 1324-1330, 2004.
Ryu JC, Kwon OS, Song YS, Yang JS, and Park J. The effects of probenecid on the excretion kinetics of stanozolol, an anabolic steroid, in rats. J Appl Toxicol 12: 385-391, 1992.
Trout GJ and Kazlauskas R. Sports drug testing--an analyst's perspective. Chem Soc Rev 33: 1-13, 2004.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Interesting....I don't need it...but that's a good read.

found this:

AAS testing and masking techniques
GS9902 263 on Thu, 2012-03-29 03:00 • 1 Replies • 265 views.
So I was cruising the web looking for info on Finastride. The search somehow ended up on AAS testing and masking agents and techniques. I have never had the need to take a AAS drug test nor will I ever. So my intent with this post is run this by any Eroids members who have taken tests and have used certain protocols to pass. For the common AAS user these techniques will never applicable
But as you can see from the references that this topic is common knowledge across the web. I understand if there is new techniques that some members may be reluctant to divulge their secrets. Perhaps it might be wise to just give ur opinion on the methods already exposed and are common knowledge. Let's keep some secrets to ourselves;-)
The following excerpt was taken from:
http://forums.steroid.com/archive/index.php/t-402054.html

i didnt write this but here is some good info:

What are masking agents?

Masking agents are drugs or compounds that are taken with the express purpose of hiding or "masking" the presence of specific illegal drugs that are screened for athletic drug testing (4). Masking agents have the potential to impair or conceal the banned substance in the urine (4). The most common masking agents include diuretics, epitestosterone, probenecid and plasma volume expanders (4, 8). Each of these categories is addressed.
How do masking agents it work?

Diuretics: Diuretics have been placed on the prohibited list for some time because of two reasons: 1) they facilitate weight loss via their ability to enhance rapid water loss via urine excretion and 2) they have the potential to rapidly dilute the urine by increasing renal flow. When utilized as a "masking" agent diuretics dilute the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body. This can therefore make it more difficult for the laboratories conducting doping controls to detect (8).

Epitestosterone: When athletes take exogenous testosterone two basic methods can be employed to "mask" the use of these compounds: 1) Utilize transdermal delivery mechanisms or 2) use epitestosterone in conjunction with testosterone use.

One mechanism for "masking" testosterone use is to use transdermal preparations which have the potential to raise circulating testosterone and are only detectable by doping controls via blood profiles in the period of 4-8 hours after administration (2). If the athlete were to utilize transdermal solutions in a systematic method they may be able to administer a low dosage of testosterone that would be below the testing standards.

Probenecid: Probenecid has been shown to reduce the excretion of anabolic steroids into the urine (3), thus potentially reducing the level of androgens below the levels established. In animal studies it has been reported that the co-administration of probenecid and the anabolic steroid stanozolol results in an increased disappearance of the anabolic steroid from the plasma. Additionally, the co-administration of these drugs results in a decrease in the total amount of stanozolol excreted into the urine (7).

Alpha-Reductase Inhibitors: Alpha-reductase inhibitors are generally used for the treatment of prostate hypertrophy and androgenic alopecia (1). It appears that alph-reductase inhibitors have the potential to significantly impact steroid profiles which are used in drug testing. Specifically, they appear to complicate or even prevent the detection of some prohibited substances.

Plasma Volume Expanders: Plasma volume expanders (i.e. albumin, dextran or hydroxyethyl startch) can be used by athletes for several reasons: 1) to prevent dehydration (6) or 2) in order to mask recombinant erythropoietin use (5). When plasma volume expanders are taken with recombinant erythropoietin they can elevate the blood volume while maintaining a blood profile level that is within the legal range (6).
How are masking agents commonly used?

Diuretics: The dosage of diuretic administered varies depending upon the actual drug that is administered. When looking at the diuretic furmosimide the clinical dosage for adults is to give 20-80 mg as a single dosage. However, if needed the same dosage can be give 6-8 hours later. With this dosage scheme a very rapid secretion of urine occurs (1).

Epitestosterone: No pharmaceutical dosages for epitestosterone are available because epitestosterone is only available as a chemical (2).

Alpha-Reductase Inhibitors: The recommended medical dosage for the common alpha-reductase inhibitor, Dutasteride is 0.5 mg taken once daily. However, studies have shown that between 5-40 mg of Dutasteride can be taken per day with minimal adverse side effects. The recommended clinical dosage of Finasteride, another common alpha-reductase inhibitor, is 1 mg per day. Dosages of 80-400 mg per day have been shown to produce minimal adverse reactions (1).

Plasma Expanders: Generally plasma expanders such as albumin are administered with other compounds such as blood, plasma, or saline. Generally, the total dose and rate of infusion relies on the individual's condition and response to treatment. When plasma expanders are administered to adults for medical reasons the general amount used is between 250-500 ml, but dosages should be individualized (1).
What are the potential side effects of masking agents?

Diuretics: The utilization of diuretics may result in the occurrence of heart arrhythmias, dehydration, muscle cramping, blood volume depletion, significant drops in blood pressure and severe electrolyte imbalances. These arrhythmias can occur as a result of a deficiency of potassium in the blood and dehydration (4).

Probenecid: Probenecid use generally results in very few minor side effects. These side effects can include the formation of kidney stones, acute gouty arthritis, hair loss, skin rash, headache, nausea, sore gums, fever and in very rare cases severe anemias (1).

Alpha-Reductase Inhibitors: The most significant side effects associated with the use of some of these masking agents are associated with reproductive dysfunction (1). Reproductive side effects include a decreased libido, increased occurrence of erectile dysfunction, and an increase occurrence in ejaculation disorders (1).

Plasma Expanders: The use of plasma expanders such as albumin can very rarely result in adverse effects. These effects are usually marked by nausea, fever, chills or hives.

Where do I get more information on masking agents?

Web Sites of Interest:

The 2007 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List for 2007 can be accessed at http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/2007_List_En.pdf
The World Anti-Doping Agency Web (WADA) Site can be accessed at http://www.wada-ama.org/en/
The United State Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) Site can be accessed at: http://www.usantidoping.org/
References:

Physicians' Desk Reference. Montvale, NJ: Thomson, 2004.
Catlin DH, Hatton CK, and Starcevic SH. Issues in detecting abuse of xenobiotic anabolic steroids and testosterone by analysis of athletes' urine. Clin Chem 43: 1280-1288, 1997.
Duntas LH and Parisis C. Doping: a challenge to the endocrinologist. A reappraisal in view of the Olympic Games of 2004. Hormones (Athens) 2: 35-42, 2003.
Furlanello F, Bentivegna S, Cappato R, and De Ambroggi L. Arrhythmogenic effects of illicit drugs in athletes. Ital Heart J 4: 829-837, 2003.
Guddat S, Thevis M, and Schanzer W. Identification and quantification of the plasma volume expander dextran in human urine by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry of enzymatically derived isomaltose. Biomed Chromatogr 19: 743-750, 2005.
Gutierrez Gallego R and Segura J. Rapid screening of plasma volume expanders in urine using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18: 1324-1330, 2004.
Ryu JC, Kwon OS, Song YS, Yang JS, and Park J. The effects of probenecid on the excretion kinetics of stanozolol, an anabolic steroid, in rats. J Appl Toxicol 12: 385-391, 1992.
Trout GJ and Kazlauskas R. Sports drug testing--an analyst's perspective. Chem Soc Rev 33: 1-13, 2004.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic