Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Mask mandates in your neck of the woods

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
As you know, Texas was one of the 1st states to get rid of the state mandate on masks. It has been left to the individual business to fight this battle. Many have gotten fed up with it and had already quit enforcing their own rules as there is a growing number of people here who jsut flat out refuse to wear a mask any longer. Travel outside of Houston and it is an even larger group of people.

Just reading the local news on masks.....most big chain business have all but dropped their mask policy. Many have completely side stepped the issue WalMart and Costco) by saying fully vaccinated coustomers do not have to wear them, BUT they will not check to see who is vaccinated. CVS us re-evaluating. Home Depot will keep their mask policy but sure don't bother enforcing it. They can't even enforce the no tresspassing/soliciting signs on the parkiing lot put to keep the wet back off.

The last few times we were in Walmart we saw quite a few people with no mask. My wife asked an employee if we had to wear one and she said they were not enforcing it. There is still a sign on the front door however. My wife even asked a man in the parking lot how he knew we did not have to wear a mask and his comment was "hell, Walmart doesn't tell me what to do."

I am always forgetting to grab the damn mask and have gone to the Postoffice, CVS, Home Depot and a big gas station/convenience store with no mask. No one said anything, not even a weird look.

Meahwhile the UFC is hosting a 100% sold out fight here in Houston tonight at the Toyota Center. 17,000 plus sold out in a matter of minutes. No mask policy is in effect. Wear one if you want. All that and Harris County is still at the highest alert for covid and we aare still under a stay at home order forbidding anything but groceries and emergiences. We have been around 1-2% positives in the State for months but we have a buffoon in charge of our Country that no one listens to.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ours seems to be ending next week, can't wait to not have to wear one on the baseball field, sucks while coaching. Got hot sauce on the one in my car today, hope to not need it again.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ours ends (and this can always change cuz it's California) on June 15. But they are talking about keeping them on at work (company thing) till 2022!!!!UGGHHHH!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I dropped a deuce on LK's mask for evening wear.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
There has been plenty of evidence all along that masks don't work. The fact that the CDC has loosened its recommendations and several national sales chains immediately said they aren't dropping their requirement shows how little the mandates have to do with science (or even common sense).

My personal doctor from way back said that if wearing a mask stresses you out, that THAT is the most dangerous thing to your health, especially if you are not in a risk category for Covid19. Your stress is real, Covid you may never even catch, and if you do its not that bad for 99.8% of people (you ALWAYS hear of the worst cases in the media, because its not interesting to report someone losing their sense of taste and smell a few days).

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

F.I.S.T.
May 15, 2021
There has been plenty of evidence all along that masks don't work. The fact that the CDC has loosened its recommendations and several national sales chains immediately said they aren't dropping their requirement shows how little the mandates have to do with science (or even common sense).

My personal doctor from way back said that if wearing a mask stresses you out, that THAT is the most dangerous thing to your health, especially if you are not in a risk category for Covid19. Your stress is real, Covid you may never even catch, and if you do its not that bad for 99.8% of people (you ALWAYS hear of the worst cases in the media, because its not interesting to report someone losing their sense of taste and smell a few days).

Absolutely right brother.MASKS ARE NOT MADE TO STOP VIRUSES!! THEY ARE MADE TO BLOCK THE MUCH LARGER BATERIA PROJECTILES!!

For all thkse that ask, "If they dont work, wny have Dr's always worn them" nuts, do some research!!! They wear them to block bateria.NOT VIRUSES!! Thsts why ANYONE who works in Infectious Disease Labs WEAR AIR TIGHT SUITS AND NOT LITTLE BLUE MASKS!!!

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

F.I.S.T.
May 15, 2021
I spilled BBQ sauce on mine back in December. Still have the same one. They asked me at a doctors office if I wanted a new one and I said no way. This one is broken in.

I have my wifes juice all over mine and refused to change it so everyone else basically forced me NOT ro wear one in their stores!!Especially when I start sweating thru it and it got XTRA AROMATIC!!
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I dropped a deuce on LK's mask for evening wear.
How did you squat down into the cup holder in my car? Did you pleasure yourself on my shifter??

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic