Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Martial Law

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Talk about being sensitive and missing the point. Yeah Jin, news flash, you’re not above people calling you out.
Listen to yourself and climb down off your high horse.
EDIT: Just read your PM to me. I called you out (nicely) on one ironic post and you PM me to find out if I have a problem with you? Relax your ego bud, I don’t care about you or think about you. I saw a post you made and I replied. Last I checked, I don’t need permission to do that and the post doesn’t have to be directed at me.

I reached out an olive branch and specifically told you why I am respectful towards you and do not attack you when you clearly ARE attacking me.

Why not just share the PM word for word with the whole community so they can see what type of character you really have?

When you first were a complete dick to me about hcg or somebull shit I asked Pillar about you. “Yep, he’s an asshole” I think was his reply.

Even your friends think you are a dick!

;)

Fortunately TIDs ignore function is much superior to UGs. There’s nothing you can say that’s worth the time it takes to read.

Good day sir.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Nigel Powers.png

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
All this makes me wanna order a mai tai to go because I cant have one in a restaurant because of this fucking lockdown yet the mayor of Boston is encouraging riots of 6k people who are mostly white trash and thugs.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
My post was meant to be ironic in a number of ways. To illustrate a point. You picked that up

I lived in Australia. I found many white Australians to be xenophobic (at the time towards asians) and racist towards indigenous people. Sometimes unsettlingly so.

“White people” are varied; as are people of every race. Lumping then all together isn’t helpful IMO.

Another ironic point you caught onto;)

We can all have a good perspective on racism in America. Even me as a (gasp!) white man living in Asia can have a good perspective.

I’m not discounting yours.

It’s great you’ve had the experince you’ve had. It’s encouraging.

But neither of us are African American. Each minority groups experince is different as is each individual’s.

I reached out to a family member who is black and my three closest friends from college. All black. Cumulatively they are: a lawyer, a Sr. VP at a consulting firm, a Sr. VP at a prestigious financial firm and another finance professional.

These are folks who have status and privilege but yet are still greatly impacted emotionally from the current events. In a different way than I am.

I trust their opinion/perspective on the current events because I know, trust and love them. And the biggest reason: they are black and I am not. I figured these men have a lot more in common with me than they do George Floyd.

Honestly, it was eye opening to hear how they’re affected.

As “outsiders” to the Black experince in America we can speculate all we want. But none of us can walk a mile in their shoes.

Let me clear up a few things first. When I say white people its on par with saying brown people. Brown can be from mexico, south america, middle east, india, etc.

Now i'd like to address your claim that only black people can have a opinon on blacks in the country and no other view is valid. Ben Carson's view of racism in this country is vastly different than Al Sharpton's. Who's right? They're both black and they both cant be right. What you're talking about is an emotion not based in reality. Just because someone feels like a victim doesnt mean they are. Their emotions are valid and true, but it stops there. Dusty Hanshaw had a post and it partly read "promote black truth". There is no such thing as "black truth". There is only truth, everything else is emotions and prespective which are easily skewed. I'm not interested in debating emotions as they can never be wrong. But I'll be more than happy to debate racism in this country.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Let me clear up a few things first. When I say white people its on par with saying brown people. Brown can be from mexico, south america, middle east, india, etc.
Now i'd like to address your claim that only black people can have a opinon on blacks in the country and no other view is valid. Ben Carson's view of racism in this country is vastly different than Al Sharpton's. Who's right? They're both black and they both cant be right. What you're talking about is an emotion not based in reality. Just because someone feels like a victim doesnt mean they are. Their emotions are valid and true, but it stops there. Dusty Hanshaw had a post and it partly read "promote black truth". There is no such thing as "black truth". There is only truth, everything else is emotions and prespective which are easily skewed. I'm not interested in debating emotions as they can never be wrong. But I'll be more than happy to debate racism in this country.

I addressed this point when I said all
Minority experiences are different as are in the individual differences within the minority group.

Agreed.

I’ve given you my answer to the issue: I ask black friends whom I’ve known for twenty years. Opinions that I value from people who have literally saved my life.

And my guess is that these high level professionals have dealt with much less discrimination than people like George Floyd. They’re probably closer to Ben Carson in terms of life experience.

Look, I don’t percieve the systematic racism either. I think you and I probably have a similar Experience of life lived in a The US.

I will see about posting some of my one friends texts explaining why he believes there is systemic racism due to practices that were out in place as recently as the 1960’s. News to me.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Non Japanese are discriminated here. Under the law. Yes, white people are treated better than other asians as you stated.

I’ve been refused entry to businesses because I was not Japanese.

I’ve been searched without cause multiple times in my car (cops don’t need a reason to stop foreigners).

It’s illegal for me to strike a Japanese national. Even if it’s in self defense.

IF* black people face a similar experience in US society, then I have a basic ide of what that might feel like.

And it’s great to return to the US where I face no discrimination.

Not sure if you have a similar feeling of acceptance when you visit the island on which you were born.

Black folks aren’t accepted back in Africa. And IF* they’re not accepted without discrimination in the US, that leads to a constant dull pressure, which I have felt living in Japan.

It’s been an interesting experience being a minority. I think I’m able to empathize more with minorities in the us, exchange students and the like.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Funny, they are reporting cops just standing by watching looters in NYC. When your own Mayor doesn't stand being the police force, WTF do they expect. When the Mayor's own daughter is arrested for throwing shit at cops, WTF do they expect. People bitch when the cops enforce the laws, not their fault of the color of the skin of the people committing the crimes, it's just their jobs to stop it. Well, people criticize police running through crowds so they don't get pulled out of cars and beaten or have their police cars set on fire, what the fuck do people expect the police to do besides sit there and watch, they can do nothing right in the public's eye.

I'm sick of this conversation. NYC should bring in the Troops but the Mayor and Governor have no balls.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Space Force is on their way!

Funny, they are reporting cops just standing by watching looters in NYC. When your own Mayor doesn't stand being the police force, WTF do they expect. When the Mayor's own daughter is arrested for throwing shit at cops, WTF do they expect. People bitch when the cops enforce the laws, not their fault of the color of the skin of the people committing the crimes, it's just their jobs to stop it. Well, people criticize police running through crowds so they don't get pulled out of cars and beaten or have their police cars set on fire, what the fuck do people expect the police to do besides sit there and watch, they can do nothing right in the public's eye.

I'm sick of this conversation. NYC should bring in the Troops but the Mayor and Governor have no balls.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
All
The BS in the state’s makes me want to move out of here.

the guard has been here which is good, got to out of hand this past weekend. However all the businesses are boarded up and closed and everyone is under curfew. It’s like covid 2.0 now....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Businesses are trying to get ahead of the game and board up their stores and you have ignorant people on the news "My grandbabies gotta look and see everything boarded up"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic