pbtom
What's New?

Martial Law

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
@Jin

You’re admittedly not in this country, and you’re white...

calling out a minority who IS in this country...

concerning racism and the current climate here...

in America?

Not being in country disqualified me from posting my thoughts?

I did not call out a minority.

I called out somebody who posted in absolutes and superlatives.

Reread his post.

I have family who are black and friends who are black in America and I am in contact with them currently.

I don’t need your permission to have an opinion and my post wasn’t directed at you so why are you replying?

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Are you a black minority? If you aren’t how you can understand the black experience in America?

As a white minority in a country that is 99.5% Asian, I can assure you that japanese people are some of the most considerate, kind and caring people on the planet.

My other minority friends here (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese etc) have a distinctly different experience of Japanese society (its not nearly as nice).

Just curious, how many other countries have you visited or lived in?

Not black but may as well be. Not that it would make a difference but I do get mistaken for black often. Born in the pacific islands and moved here when I started 2nd grade. Spent quite a bit of time in Australia. Been to Thailand, vietnam, dubai, London, India, all throughout south america, Jamaica, south africa and Canada so Ive seen my share of other cultures. The reason you have such a positive view of japenese people is because they like white people as do many other asian cultures. you just proved my point

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
And by the way i dont need to be black to have a good prespective on racism in america. I think im qualified enough given my background unless of course youre asserting that racism is only reserved for blacks. Its ironic that you say i speak in superlatives while saying "japense people are the nicest people on the planet" lol

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Edit. Sorry. Last post too bitchy.

You aren’t reading the intent of my post correctly to see my point.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Not black but may as well be. Not that it would make a difference but I do get mistaken for black often. Born in the pacific islands and moved here when I started 2nd grade. Spent quite a bit of time in Australia. Been to Thailand, vietnam, dubai, London, India, all throughout south america, Jamaica, south africa and Canada so Ive seen my share of other cultures. The reason you have such a positive view of japenese people is because they like white people as do many other asian cultures. you just proved my point

My post was meant to be ironic in a number of ways. To illustrate a point. You picked that up

I lived in Australia. I found many white Australians to be xenophobic (at the time towards asians) and racist towards indigenous people. Sometimes unsettlingly so.

“White people” are varied; as are people of every race. Lumping then all together isn’t helpful IMO.

And by the way i dont need to be black to have a good prespective on racism in america. I think im qualified enough given my background unless of course youre asserting that racism is only reserved for blacks. Its ironic that you say i speak in superlatives while saying "japense people are the nicest people on the planet" lol

Another ironic point you caught onto;)

We can all have a good perspective on racism in America. Even me as a (gasp!) white man living in Asia can have a good perspective.

I’m not discounting yours.

It’s great you’ve had the experince you’ve had. It’s encouraging.

But neither of us are African American. Each minority groups experince is different as is each individual’s.

I reached out to a family member who is black and my three closest friends from college. All black. Cumulatively they are: a lawyer, a Sr. VP at a consulting firm, a Sr. VP at a prestigious financial firm and another finance professional.

These are folks who have status and privilege but yet are still greatly impacted emotionally from the current events. In a different way than I am.

I trust their opinion/perspective on the current events because I know, trust and love them. And the biggest reason: they are black and I am not. I figured these men have a lot more in common with me than they do George Floyd.

Honestly, it was eye opening to hear how they’re affected.

As “outsiders” to the Black experince in America we can speculate all we want. But none of us can walk a mile in their shoes.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
So, if the cop did this out of racism all is good. Now go tear up your neighborhood you white guilt pukes!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
My post was meant to be ironic in a number of ways. To illustrate a point. You picked that up

I lived in Australia. I found many white Australians to be xenophobic (at the time towards asians) and racist towards indigenous people. Sometimes unsettlingly so.

“White people” are varied; as are people of every race. Lumping then all together isn’t helpful IMO.

Another ironic point you caught onto;)

We can all have a good perspective on racism in America. Even me as a (gasp!) white man living in Asia can have a good perspective.

I’m not discounting yours.

It’s great you’ve had the experince you’ve had. It’s encouraging.

But neither of us are African American. Each minority groups experince is different as is each individual’s.

I reached out to a family member who is black and my three closest friends from college. All black. Cumulatively they are: a lawyer, a Sr. VP at a consulting firm, a Sr. VP at a prestigious financial firm and another finance professional.

These are folks who have status and privilege but yet are still greatly impacted emotionally from the current events. In a different way than I am.

I trust their opinion/perspective on the current events because I know, trust and love them. And the biggest reason: they are black and I am not. I figured these men have a lot more in common with me than they do George Floyd.

Honestly, it was eye opening to hear how they’re affected.

As “outsiders” to the Black experince in America we can speculate all we want. But none of us can walk a mile in their shoes.

Try being a redhead or short, or have a weird nose. Where does it end?

You proved to me (again) they simply cannot give up their card.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Not being in country disqualified me from posting my thoughts?

I did not call out a minority.

I called out somebody who posted in absolutes and superlatives.

Reread his post.

I have family who are black and friends who are black in America and I am in contact with them currently.

I don’t need your permission to have an opinion and my post wasn’t directed at you so why are you replying?

Talk about being sensitive and missing the point. Yeah Jin, news flash, you’re not above people calling you out.

Listen to yourself and climb down off your high horse.

EDIT: Just read your PM to me. I called you out (nicely) on one ironic post and you PM me to find out if I have a problem with you? Relax your ego bud, I don’t care about you or think about you. I saw a post you made and I replied. Last I checked, I don’t need permission to do that and the post doesn’t have to be directed at me.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic