Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Martial Law

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
That's the big question, for this occasion or any other for which one segment of America might be turned against Americans by our Leaders at any level. There is a precedent, however:

Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 1970. Anti-war protest, Ohio National Guard called in. I'll leave it to others here to form their own opinions as to whether protesters deserve to be killed, but part of the story here is that the 13 Americans who were shot were not at the front lines assaulting any form of LE. Bullets travel far, and these 13 were relatively far away, just going about their business. Four were killed, 9 wounded, including one who was paralyzed. One of the four dead in Ohio was a R.O.T.C. student. In very round numbers, all involved in any way might have been around 20yo then, 70yo now, some might have died from unrelated causes in the 50 yrs since. America vs. America, by order of some American. Fifty yrs later, no one has ever been prosecuted for any charge.

Man, I’m just argumentative this morning I guess....sorry.

Kent State wasn’t a precedent for what I’m talking about. That was a ragtag group of poorly trained guardsman with poor leadership and people got spooked and didn’t know who started shooting or who was shooting at who. A mess and a tragedy.

But to call for martial law across the country, with so many war veterans still under contract (inactive reserves included), would be impossible. We have seen too much already and wouldn’t be willing to bring that pain here to our home towns. In the vet groups I’m a part of, the general vibe is that there would sooner be a coup than a civil war between military/service-members and our own families.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Looters need to be shot on sight and left to rot, fuck them for taking advantage of a situation but that if off topic, there will be no martial law imposed over the entire USA, no this was/is not a Govt conspeeewasee (LOL) experiment by the Govt nor is Covid.
Stop watching faggot Youtube videos and use your brain and research:rolleyes:;):p
Defend your home, property, and loved ones to the full extent of your abilities.
Love to my TID brothers and sisters.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Man, I’m just argumentative this morning I guess....sorry . . .

I did/do not feel any "argumentative" from either of your posts, and I wasn't trying to be a rude form of argumentative in my post that quoted yours.
I see America today as a very big, very ugly problem just waiting to happen. I also see good people protesting a worthy cause out on the streets mixed in with bad people looting+burning.

Kent State may or may not be a perfectly defined precedent for what has been happening now, or what might happen next, but it's close enough to worry the shit out of me. Under some circumstances Americans have been turned against other Americans before, I'm not sure we can say it will never happen again.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
We are all the general public. I was separating the difference between needing military assistance to shut down the rioting and destruction, and the need for military to take over policing of the people in general.

Nobody has the freedom to commit crimes without penalty. Nobody was saying that.

Except Law Enforcement, Military, Politicians......

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I did/do not feel any "argumentative" from either of your posts, and I wasn't trying to be a rude form of argumentative in my post that quoted yours.
I see America today as a very big, very ugly problem just waiting to happen. I also see good people protesting a worthy cause out on the streets mixed in with bad people looting+burning.

Kent State may or may not be a perfectly defined precedent for what has been happening now, or what might happen next, but it's close enough to worry the shit out of me. Under some circumstances Americans have been turned against other Americans before, I'm not sure we can say it will never happen again.

And Woodless likes this...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Looters need to be shot on sight and left to rot, fuck them for taking advantage of a situation but that if off topic, there will be no martial law imposed over the entire USA, no this was/is not a Govt conspeeewasee (LOL) experiment by the Govt nor is Covid.
Stop watching faggot Youtube videos and use your brain and research:rolleyes:;):p
Defend your home, property, and loved ones to the full extent of your abilities.
Love to my TID brothers and sisters.

I got sum loot for em, come and get it!!!...

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011

this is in your “free” country you live in. lol

you can’t even be outside on your own property.

it’s sad especially for our members of the military who are fighting and dying overseas for some other foreign countries freedoms and then comes home only to realize he/she has lost many more freedoms right here at home.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’m glad Trump is doing that and calling the guard up. I’m all for people protesting and marching. I don’t tolerate rioting, looting, and destroying property. There are lots of changes that can be made on all sides.

The last few nights I have lost to much sleep since they were rioting and looting a mile from my house.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic