Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Martial Law

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I predict Martial Law will be imposed throughout the USA by friday. National Guard is patrolling the city starting tonight. I'm told we can't leave until 7am. This was the purpose of covid to see how it would work. This is bullshit. I'm amazed it was this easy for the government to do this.

Slic.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Cmon slice, you're smarter than this. Do you know what martial law actually means or would look like?

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
It's the suspension of civil law. No I don't know what it would look like. Military is detaining anyone caught out after curfew.

Slic.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
It's the suspension of civil law. No I don't know what it would look like. Military is detaining anyone caught out after curfew.

Slic.
Right, with a military Take over of civil authority . That's just not possible in the states. I don't know where you are at but the natl guard has no law enforcement powers . Around here, they are mostly assisting with traffic control. It is unfortunate that people will take advantage of a bad situation to make it worse.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Right, with a military Take over of civil authority . That's just not possible in the states. I don't know where you are at but the natl guard has no law enforcement powers . Around here, they are mostly assisting with traffic control. It is unfortunate that people will take advantage of a bad situation to make it worse.

It’s legal and possible.

The consequences of the blowback would be devastating.

It would tear the country appart if Martial law were declared in this case.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It’s legal and possible.

The consequences of the blowback would be devastating.

It would tear the country appart if Martial law were declared in this case.

Legal? Ish.
Possible? No.

There aren’t enough military and LE in the country that would be willing to take up arms against the general public and their freedoms.

National Guard for rioters and looters is very different than martial law.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Legal? Ish.
Possible? No.

There aren’t enough military and LE in the country that would be willing to take up arms against the general public and their freedoms.

Let me be more clear.

It is constitutional.

It is certainly possible (though unlikely) that it could be called for.

How you think our servicemen would chose to react is your opinion.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Legal? Ish.
Possible? No.

I am shocked you categorize those *s as "the general public".

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Freedoms to roit, loot and burn other people's property. Got it?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . There aren’t enough military and LE in the country that would be willing to take up arms against the general public and their freedoms.

That's the big question, for this occasion or any other for which one segment of America might be turned against Americans by our Leaders at any level. There is a precedent, however:

Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 1970. Anti-war protest, Ohio National Guard called in. I'll leave it to others here to form their own opinions as to whether protesters deserve to be killed, but part of the story here is that the 13 Americans who were shot were not at the front lines assaulting any form of LE. Bullets travel far, and these 13 were relatively far away, just going about their business. Four were killed, 9 wounded, including one who was paralyzed. One of the four dead in Ohio was a R.O.T.C. student. In very round numbers, all involved in any way might have been around 20yo then, 70yo now, some might have died from unrelated causes in the 50 yrs since. America vs. America, by order of some American. Fifty yrs later, no one has ever been prosecuted for any charge.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Let me be more clear.

It is constitutional.

It is certainly possible (though unlikely) that it could be called for.

How you think our servicemen would chose to react is your opinion.

Let me be more clear as well. Whether it’s legal or possible for it to be called for by those who have no skin in the fight, there aren’t ENOUGH military, police, govt agency men, etc, that are willing or able to lockdown this country.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I am shocked you categorize those *s as "the general public".

We are all the general public. I was separating the difference between needing military assistance to shut down the rioting and destruction, and the need for military to take over policing of the people in general.

Nobody has the freedom to commit crimes without penalty. Nobody was saying that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic