Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Man dies after taking bodybuilder drug DNP

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
A man has died after taking a performance-enhancing drug used by bodybuilders to help burn off fat, according to police.

Thames Valley Police are investigating after the 28-year-old was taken ill and died at a hospital in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, on Wednesday.

His death is being treated as unexplained.

A force spokesman said: "The man's death was referred to Thames Valley Police by the coroner's office.

"It is believed the man may have taken a substance called DNP, believed to be a performance-enhancing drug."

He added that a post-mortem examination carried out yesterday was inconclusive.

The spokesman went on: "The investigation into the cause of death continues and further tests are required.

"Police are currently exploring any potential link between the drug and the man's death but while the investigation progresses is advising anyone who may have bought DNP tablets through unofficial sources not to take them."

DNP is used to help burn fat but can have side-effects such as extreme body temperatures leading to brain damage and blindness.

As well as a dieting aid, DNP has been used as a dye, fungicide, herbicide, insecticide and even as an explosive.

The police spokesman added: "Anyone who thinks they may have taken them and wants health advice should contact their local GP or call NHS Direct on 0845 4647."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...-taking-diet-aid-drug_n_1991800.html?ncid=GEP

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ok so there is no cause of death. But they'll go ahead and blame DNP. Obviously there is a woman crying in the background that the DNP did it....

Also ignorance exposed again where the writer refers to DNP as a performance enhancing drug. Not so much.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
DNP can and has killed many people. It used to be prescribed for a treatment for obesity back in the 20-30's (I believe) but was pulled. If someone runs it incorrectly it will def cook you from the inside out. I've run it once just to gain the experience. I wouldn't do it again.

I'm not saying this kid was running it but kids these days take everything in excess and if someone did that with DNP it would prove to be fatal.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Does anyone remember the good old days of Test and dbol, when the goal was to look good and be strong but above all else be healthy? Now we have shit like DNP and synthol and no one seems to give a fuck about their health.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
DNP has been out for a very long time so it is not a new thing. It was pulled after the 30's due to the side of cataracts, not people dying. Another myth with no bodies to prove it. Could you di from it, hell yes if you are an idiot. Can you die fron Tylenol, hell yes, if you are an idiot.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Does anyone remember the good old days of Test and dbol, when the goal was to look good and be strong but above all else be healthy? Now we have shit like DNP and synthol and no one seems to give a fuck about their health.

Dnp and synthol is nothing new.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Dnp and synthol is nothing new.

No, they are nothing new. They are fairly recent in the bodybuilding community (last 30 years or so). I could be wrong but I don't think most bodybuilders used DNP or synthol in the 60's and 70's

The old timers I talk to had ECA to drop weight and this strange thing called low carb and cardio. They also actually built their muscles instead of pumping them full of oil to make them look bigger. I wont say the Pros were not using such things 20 years ago but not your average gym rat.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
DNP has been out for a very long time so it is not a new thing. It was pulled after the 30's due to the side of cataracts, not people dying. Another myth with no bodies to prove it. Could you di from it, hell yes if you are an idiot. Can you die fron Tylenol, hell yes, if you are an idiot.

Yes they both kill people but it takes a lot less DNP to kill ya. DNP is a short tem fix for a long term problem and there are safer ways to drop fat.

You can die from water consumption to but you can't compare it to DNP.

S

starquest maniac

Oct 11, 2012
I am super cool on DNP! No thank you! I have always looked into safer methods, than consuming poison.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Yes they both kill people but it takes a lot less DNP to kill ya. DNP is a short tem fix for a long term problem and there are safer ways to drop fat.

You can die from water consumption to but you can't compare it to DNP.

Man thats dangerous talk BI. All that common sense could get some people butt hurt real fast. Be careful.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
DNP Hasn't killed many people... Nor is it dangerous if you're not fucking retarded. The dose of DNP that is required to kill you is so far beyond the point where the sides would be tolerable that its almost not possible. Only way you get fucked up on DNP is if you are boozing it up and using a bunch of recs that will dehydrate you.

There are guidelines to follow when using DNP for safety. If you CHOOSE not to follow them then tough shit for you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic