Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

Making Weight

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
OK.. Current Weight 186lbs.(after eating a couple of Meals) Of course shooting for 181 lbs.

Is this to aggressive for just 5lbs

Starting today....... Since my weigh in is at 6pm.. Also Should I eat anything for breakfast Friday?

Monday, Feb 1st
1.25 Gallons of Water
Magnesium 1000mg x2
Postassium 100mg x2
High Carbs

Tuesday, Feb 2nd
1.5 Gallons of Water
Magnesium 1000mg x2
Postassium 100mg x2
Med Carbs

Wednesday, Feb 3rd
2 Gallons of Water
Magnesium 1000mg x2
Postassium 100mg x2
Low Carbs

Thursday, Feb 4th
2 Gallons of Water.. Water Cut off in Evening
Magnesium 1000mg x2
Postassium 100mg x2
Zero Carbs – Light eating

Friday, Feb 5th – WEIGH IN 6pm
No Water
Xtract in AM (Dandeloin root)

Saturday, Feb 6th -- MEET DAY 10:15am

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
If the weight cut isn't happening, drink a bottle (whole bottle) of magnesium citrate on Wednesday right after work, while you are at peak waterloading. And don't leave the house. :D

Anecdotally from other lifters, I have been hearing long soaks in epsom salt baths can help pull water from the (subcutaneous?) tissue, which is a gentler form of water depletion than dehydrating. I tried it before my last meet, but didn't really see a difference. But since I don't hold water easily, it may have just not worked for me.

good luck!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Weigh yourself in the am after you piss to see where you're really at. You shouldn't have to do anything drastic at all to cut 5 lbs. I bet it's more like 3 lbs when you get a morning reading anyways.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
I agree with getting a morning weight baseline. You could likely make weight doing next to nothing, if you are talking 3-4lb. That is very, very easy.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
All that Mg....dude you are gonna shit yer brains out.

Sauna and steam room or hot ass bath Fri am should help in addition.

You're not doing any Rx diuretics? If so spriononolactone >>>> furosemide as the former will spare potassium and get the subq water off.

Fri bkfst is up to you but only non sodium containing protein (read: egg whites) are all I've ever had.

Post weigh in the pharmacist in me says take a tbsp of oral glycolic acid with the rehydration solution of choice to get water back into your muscles and not all in yer guts.

You'll most likely wind up much lower than necessary. Good luck.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Couple cups of tea and the dandelion root. You basically need to take a big piss. That water load may even be excessive. No worries here ramrod. Just don't eat like a pig.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I did something very similar last May to make weight except I was drinking 2 gallons all week. I cut off water and food at 6pm Thursday. I ended up dropping 11lbs instead of the 5lbs I needed lol. A quick trip to Max and Ermas for dinner and 7-8lbs was back by morning.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I can't even make it to 2 gallons a day. The most Ive been able to drink is 1.25 gallons and that is giving my acid reflux. A few Antacid Tablets fix it thou. I barrowed a scale for the house, but found it to be about 4-5lbs heavy...

I weighed myself right before I left for the gym and re-weighed the min I got there. (12min later) I was 4lbs heavier.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
I can't even make it to 2 gallons a day. The most Ive been able to drink is 1.25 gallons and that is giving my acid reflux. A few Antacid Tablets fix it thou. I barrowed a scale for the house, but found it to be about 4-5lbs heavy...

I weighed myself right before I left for the gym and re-weighed the min I got there. (12min later) I was 4lbs heavier.
Do you have the ability to go weigh yourself on the meet scale? If so bring your scale, and weigh yourself on both 2-3 times, to establish the difference. This way you are not overshooting the cut, or coming into the weigh-in heavy.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Do you have the ability to go weigh yourself on the meet scale? If so bring your scale, and weigh yourself on both 2-3 times, to establish the difference. This way you are not overshooting the cut, or coming into the weigh-in heavy.

^^^^ absolutely! I came in 3lbs underweight due to scale differences and what I wouldn't have given to eat heavy the night before.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012

^^^^ absolutely! I came in 3lbs underweight due to scale differences and what I wouldn't have given to eat heavy the night before.

I can do that tonight. I think it 4lbs off. My scale weighs 4lbs Heavy.... So my scale had me this Morning at 188.. So I should be 184 Morning weight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic