Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

Make Up Question

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
ok ladies, i have a female figure competitor that is going at her first show here very soon. i have worked with female bodybuilders before and i got the tan application and everything else down but i have no idea about the makeup. so what where and who do you get your makeup from for show day?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Often there is some enterprising makeup artist who will be offering makeup services at shows. Its not something that you'd find advertised w/ the show flier, but possible to ask around. Otherwise if your competitor has no idea how to do the makeup herself, best way is to go to the MAC counter at the local mall & get some guidance - ask for how to do "stage makeup" noting the dark tan. I prefer to use a matching foundation to the tan instead of putting the tan on my face. IMO It tends to dry out on your skin and crack, and if you start sweating under the lights, the rivulets will show up as streaks in the tanner. The foundation is much easier to touch up and you don't have to put it so early like the rest of the body tan to let it dry sufficiently.

If you're using Protan as your tanner, MAC has a foundation that matches (MW45 or MC45 - see them both & pick the darker - also good to put on a small test area of the protan so you can match it , e.g. on your wrist. Jan Tana also sells a matching foundation to their stuff which you can order on their website.) Then at the MAC counter, they can help recommend whatever makeup and also show her how to do it. There may even be a makeup artist working there who could be hired privately.

dryvrgrl

dryvrgrl

TID Lady Member
Sep 20, 2011
Mac does a good jub but usually not open early enough for shows.. ive done the prejudge makeup myself and hit the mac for PM show.. depending on time

check the site for the show.. usually makeup artists are avail backstage but they charge too much

my BEST advice for makeup is as follows..
1-dont match eyeshadow to suit.. it looks cheesy..
2- Dramatic and CLOWN are NOT the smae thing
3- put eye makeup on BEFORE tan.. tan does NOT go on eyelids
4.. false eyelashes are worth the extra 8 bucks
5.. dont forget a pedicure
6.. tell client to get waxed at least 4 days before show cuz that stuff rips your tan off
7.. shave your arms.. it wont grow back thicker... promise
8 french mani's look best
9.. no glitter, it isnt an 80's gay bar and you ain't a drag queen
10... if your hair is suuper blonde do NOT accidently spray tan it
11.. vasoline on your top teeth help dehydrated lips from sticking to your teeth and getting lipstick on em which looks really bad
12 under no circumstances what-so-ever should MIMI be a makeup idol.. stay away from BLUE all together
(smokey eyes usually look best or dark neutrals)

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
you ladies are great. i will relay the information along. man bodybuilders are so much easier to help out

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Mac does a good jub but usually not open early enough for shows.. ive done the prejudge makeup myself and hit the mac for PM show.. depending on time

check the site for the show.. usually makeup artists are avail backstage but they charge too much

my BEST advice for makeup is as follows..
1-dont match eyeshadow to suit.. it looks cheesy..
2- Dramatic and CLOWN are NOT the smae thing
3- put eye makeup on BEFORE tan.. tan does NOT go on eyelids
4.. false eyelashes are worth the extra 8 bucks
5.. dont forget a pedicure
6.. tell client to get waxed at least 4 days before show cuz that stuff rips your tan off
7.. shave your arms.. it wont grow back thicker... promise
8 french mani's look best
9.. no glitter, it isnt an 80's gay bar and you ain't a drag queen
10... if your hair is suuper blonde do NOT accidently spray tan it
11.. vasoline on your top teeth help dehydrated lips from sticking to your teeth and getting lipstick on em which looks really bad
12 under no circumstances what-so-ever should MIMI be a makeup idol.. stay away from BLUE all together
(smokey eyes usually look best or dark neutrals)

The MAC folks can show you how to do your own and give lots of good advice, and the you can practice. IMO its good to at least have the ability to do your own because you never know if you're going to be stuck and have to do it or repair something. There are also a huge number of videos on Youtube - search on stage makeup, competition makeup, etc.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic