Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Made more Crock Pot chicken enchiladas over the weekend....

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Made these again over the weekend because they are like the easiest thing to make in the world, and they are damn good, even with the canned sauce.

first pic: Just chicken tenders layed out in my 9qt crock pot. I like using tenders because I don't have to clean them. It is quick out of the package, I just pull off the little flap of tendon, and they are done. No cutting, cleaning, or getting the dreaded crunchy wooded chicken breasts that are gross.

Pic 2: I can make my own enchilada sauce from scratch, it isn't hard, but is time consuming...well, if I go the route of preparing it with guajillo chiles, etc it is. You can use canned tomato sauce or whole blended tomatos from a can and add in seasoning, but even that takes a little time. I was busy all day yesterday, and canned sauces do fine for me...i'm a mixed white boy, so i'm fine. I usually mix the different canned sauces, as they usually have their own distint flavors, so I mix them to get the best of each brand. I keep it easy and get them from Walmart, which only has La Victoria, Old El Paso, and Las Palmas. We have a ton of Mexican grocery stores out where I live, but walmart is my one-stop shop...that and costco, lol.

Pic 3: Sauce added to the chicken. A little over 2# of chicken and like 46oz of sauce. I use a 9qt crock pot, if you use a 6qt, i'd use 1.5oz chicken with 28-38oz of sauce. I added some pepper. Cooked on high for about 2.5hrs and low for about 2'ish hours.

Pic 4: After 4-5 hrs, just shredded the chicken in the sauce with a fork. The chicken is very tender and just falls apart easily.

Pic 5: Just the ingredients I used to add to the sauce/chicken.....about 12oz olives, small can of green chiles, couple cups of shredded cheese, and about 20 small yellow corn tortillas cut up in small strips/pieces. They have the larger yellow corn tortillas, but I wanted leftover small tortillas for tacos this week for my tri tip:) I didn't use the onion this time, but I usually do....about 1 small onion is good, or whatever you like. I kind of eye ball everything, but you don't want to add too much to the sauce, or it can get dry when cooking. I like mine slightly on the saucy size with lots of effin' cheese!:D

Attachments

• ench1.jpg
    ench1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 94
  • ench2.jpg
    ench2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 92
  • ench3.jpg
    ench3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 96
  • ench4.jpg
    ench4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 104
  • ench5.jpg
    ench5.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 92
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Pic 6: I add some of each ingredient into the sauce/chicken....this is about what it looks like. I add all the tortillas, and again, I eyeball it to what I think is right. I leave some cheese and olives leftover for the top part....

Pic 7: Topped with extra cheese and olives. Put temp on low level and just let everything melt and meld together for 45-60 minutes.

Pic 8: After 45-60 minutes....

Pic 9: Final product with a dollop of low-fat sour cream.

Pic 10: Another with love to my diet Dr. Thunder soda, lol.

Final words....this is super easy and no work at all, that is the beauty of it all. If you have time to make some homemade sauce, do it! You can add as much cheese and stuff as you like, but make sure not to overdo it when mixing everything together as it will get dry after cooking....still not bad, I mean even if it is dry it's still tortillas with cheese and some sauce and sour cream, lol. You can use ground beef too, but i've found that you don't need quite as much sauce. Also, after you ground the beef and drain it, add the sauce and cut the cooking time in half....so 1-1.5 hrs on high, or 2'ish hrs on low. I've never tried green sauce, I read from the site I got the recipe awhile back, that it can cook less efficiently and cause the mixture to get saugy....but i'll have to try it at some point. I like red sauce with all meats, but usually only use green sauce with chicken and pork when it comes to enchiladas. I'd avoid using flour tortillas, as they will get saugy/mooshy as well. Getting the right amount of tortillas in the mix is the crucial part....not enough it comes out too runny/saucy, and too much it comes out dry. It's pretty easy to gauge though, and hard to mess up.

Anyway....gonna also put up a tri-tip thread now for what i'm cooking today:cool:

Attachments

• ench6.jpg
    ench6.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 84
  • ench7.jpg
    ench7.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 97
  • ench8.jpg
    ench8.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 91
  • ench9.jpg
    ench9.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 94
  • ench10.jpg
    ench10.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 91
Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Oooohhhh man that looks delicious!! Gonna have to try these for sure!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I imagine these come out the same way they look going in, messy, LOL

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I imagine these come out the same way they look going in, messy, LOL

lol, actually, and for somebody who's had his gallbladder removed, everything went.....normal. heh heh heh!:)

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I dump one of these in with a packet of ranch dressing mix and 2 full chicken breasts. Cook for 12 hr. , fork it apart at about 8 hr, put it in a kaiser roll with a side of baked FF. Easy AF

2eb1c4ba-de53-4875-8009-70679903dd8d_1.d6831333f9dc26df35954cd61dabe90e.jpeg

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Can't beat a good crock pot meal....Use to make em all the time...Mostly, used beef and a lot of veg's.....I could usually feast for 2-3 days per cook....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic