Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Macros

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
Okay so my birthday was yesterday.. I had some freinds over for cake of course even though its my birthday i didnt cheat and didnt have the cake, then one of my freinds said "why arent u eating cake? It doesnt matter what you eat as long as it fits your macros" i dont believe one word of that personally. What do you guys think?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Okay so my birthday was yesterday.. I had some freinds over for cake of course even though its my birthday i didnt cheat and didnt have the cake, then one of my freinds said "why arent u eating cake? It doesnt matter what you eat as long as it fits your macros" i dont believe one word of that personally. What do you guys think?

Well it definitely depends on the person. Not everyone is successful when following an IIFYM routine. However, there is a lot of merit to it. It's all relative

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Iifym works. You may need to cut out high GI carbs when you get super low BF, but until then nothing wrong with iifym. "Clean eating" for the most part is bro science aside from overall health. Personally. I eat totally clean while in competition prep because it allows me to eat more by having lower calories in larger servings, and I can't eat just once piece of cake. Off season I eat whatever the **** I want and just track cals and protein. But there are a lot of competitors who follow iifym all the way to contest and prep just fine. At the top level, things change because any edge over the other competitors matters exponentially.

But yes, what your friend said is true in general.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Iifym works. You may need to cut out high GI carbs when you get super low BF, but until then nothing wrong with iifym. "Clean eating" for the most part is bro science aside from overall health. Personally. I eat totally clean while in competition prep because it allows me to eat more by having lower calories in larger servings, and I can't eat just once piece of cake. Off season I eat whatever the **** I want and just track cals and protein. But there are a lot of competitors who follow iifym all the way to contest and prep just fine. At the top level, things change because any edge over the other competitors matters exponentially.

But yes, what your friend said is true in general.

^^^this! Nice response AJ. And OP, if hearing that isn't enough, check out the photos of AJ in his log lol. Picture proof my friend

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
How far out from the Olympia are you? Its must be pretty close if you cant have a piece of cake with your friends to celebrate your birthday. If your diet is so tight I'm sure a slice of cake will not have much effect on your condition.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic