Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Macgyver: From recreational lifter/bodybuilder to powerlifter. A new road to travel.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Well it's nice to see that you have the foresight not to continue trying to push through and train through/around your injury. All the best, you'll be back in no time.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Well it's nice to see that you have the foresight not to continue trying to push through and train through/around your injury. All the best, you'll be back in no time.

Thanks MF. Yes, I am realizing the need to really work to stay injury free at the weights I am working with. Really going to focus more on mobility work along with flexibility. I also wont be skipping any scheduled de-loads on 5/3/1 any more :)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Deloads suck but they are neccessary, they're not penned in to a programme just to piss us off haha.

Sounds like you have a good plan of action, all the best.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I think as we age half the battle is Prehab bullshit

Five years ago I was half ass warming up and stretching ,now it is a ritual. With that though we have a nice solid base that only time can build.
I may be getting older but given enough time ( to recover if course ) I can still hold my own against the whippersnappers

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Deloads suck but they are neccessary, they're not penned in to a programme just to piss us off haha.

Sounds like you have a good plan of action, all the best.

I am learning that for sure. Looking forward to getting back 100%

I think as we age half the battle is Prehab bullshit

Five years ago I was half ass warming up and stretching ,now it is a ritual. With that though we have a nice solid base that only time can build.
I may be getting older but given enough time ( to recover if course ) I can still hold my own against the whippersnappers

Yep....I was (at 40) feeling better then in my 20's, but now I just seem to be picking up too many nagging injuries. Pre-hab is going to be a top priority now!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Took a long break from 'progress' pics as I have been measuring 'progress' by trying to lift more. Last weeks calf pic made me want to take some of the upperbody.

Hope I can dispel the myth that powerlifters are all fat and sloppy. While not the leanest I have ever been....I am not too bad out of shape.

78d2763f-4d77-4b0d-b59b-2f056a43515d_zpsc6918e7e.jpg

c17ebed1-3179-448b-ab87-8d782e3b6ce1_zpsd4fe5cec.jpg

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Looking good man.

Very solid and tight.

Time for some calf implants though... :)

Hope I can dispel the myth that powerlifters are all fat and sloppy.

I, however, will keep perpetuating that stereotype.... :D

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Looking good man.

Very solid and tight.

Time for some calf implants though... :)

I, however, will keep perpetuating that stereotype.... :D

Yea.....calves were not a blessing. Scrubbing 16" finally....but not on par with rest of body. I can thank high attachments for that.

As for you perpetuating the stereotype, I dont think many guys your height carry 265 nearly as well. Given your natural status, that make it even more remarkable. No denying your mass. Lifting is only one part of life. If you are happy with where you are at, I say more power to you! I know you enjoy many things. No one can question your validity as a serious trainee.....if they do...ful them. I for one would love to grab a workout with you at some point. I know there are no compromises where you come from. Happy to see you doing your best on everything even though benching has been giving you trouble. I would expect no less from you. No excuses man. I am inspired by what you do.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Well hopefully we can do a meet together sometime next year.

You'll kill me on bench, I'll kill you on squats, and we can battle it out on deads....

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Wouldn't that be a great challenge ;)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You looked jacked too man, you look strong (as well as BEING strong) whilst having the physique of a serious BB'er.

Nice work, truly impressive.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Dusting off the old journal. Been around....and still hitting it every day.

I got a little discouraged as I was plagued by several nagging injuries. 5/3/1 was just beating me up too much.

I decided to take a break from heavy lifting and while I was at it I figured I would cut a little. Heck, I have not done a deadlift in almost 3 months! I think my nagging injuries are about healed.

Thought I would take some leg pics today and I dont take enough. Gotta keep myself in check ;)

Anyway, not looking too bad leaned out. Calves (from the back ) dont look nearly as bad as I thought they would ;)

I'm back down in the 190's. Feel "un-manly"....but I am not going to freak myself out about the scale.

I think if I did not have such a wide waist from the front, I could make a decent bodybuilder. It's the hips that give me all my power though ...so it is what it is....

13-10-16legcomp_zps3bb5e7fe.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic