Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Macgyver: From recreational lifter/bodybuilder to powerlifter. A new road to travel.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Got a little cocky today during my deadlift routine. I posted a set of me doing SLDL with 405 and said if I were fresh (not after all my other dead sets) I could probably do 495. Well I went for it today even though I already did my normal deads AND speed deads I loaded the bar with 495 for SLDL.

I compromised a little. (just a slight bend in the knee) But the feeling of confidence that this program has given me in my lower back is incredible. (your lower back gets hammered every workout).

495 x 5 SLDL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You are a strong bastardo that's for sure.

Good work with everything, I haven't dropped in for a while but looks like you are making some great gains all round. Hope you had a good weekend, what did you get up to? MF

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hope you had a good weekend, what did you get up to? MF

Thanks for dropping in. I am not sure if you mean what weight I am working up to. If so, I am running a 10 week Coan deadlift program. My starting weight was 620. I entered 650 as my max goal. I will know real quick where I am in two weeks because I am supposed to pull 620 x 2 in week 8! (if that does not tell me I made progress....nothing will!).

This program has been VERY tough...but I am enjoying it greatly.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Week 8 of the program. Acid test. Supposed to do a double with my starting max 8 weeks ago. (620x2). I have been sick all week, achy...low grade fever. (just got out of bed on thurs) Was not feeling 100% but decided to go in and at least try.

I guess I should be happy. I got 620 easy for the first. I almost got the second but ditched it as I lost my momentum and did not want to try to grind it in my current condition.

Body weight is holding steady off my deficit at 205lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Nice deadlift bro. Good luck getting that x 2 next time!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Nice deadlift bro. Good luck getting that x 2 next time!

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Not sure I will go much further since I have to miss the comp I was prepping for. I am thinking I might switch back to deficit diet and continue where I was going trying to get in good shape for summer.

Maybe save my big pulls for the comp in Aug if I can make it. .... Just a little down that I have to pull out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic