pbtom
What's New?

Macguyver Home Gym

• Thread starter The Angry Chihuahua
  • Start Date
The Angry Chihuahua

The Angry Chihuahua

Nov 12, 2022
Does anyone Macguyver their home exercises, and, if so, what are you doing that you probably should not be? I have been using a rope belt from a pair of shorts to do weighted tricep dips for about nine months. It finally decided to break on me today. Luckily, the plates landed on my bench, so they did not fall far. I am wondering who else is creative out there!

Attachments

• 4AD0D95E-FB0B-48F3-89C7-F2C44A87223D.jpeg
    4AD0D95E-FB0B-48F3-89C7-F2C44A87223D.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 51
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have an old climbing harness that I use for a dip belt and for belt squats.

I built my squat rack out of 4x4 and built a belt squat lever for it. People always ask me if I think it is safe. I put 535 lbs on it all the time. Even bailed on squats one day after 9 reps going for 10 and dropped it off my back. Barely bent the safety bar and the rack held fine. I can do weighted pullups with an additional 90 lbs and weighted dips with an additional 135 lbs on it. It shakes a bit, but other than that it is fine.

I also built the flat bench I used for it. I have since moved to an adjustable bench my family got me for Christmas last year, but I took 515 lbs with a body weight of 230 lbs off that flat bench and it didn't even creak.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
No, I am only 1.7 miles from the gym.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Ha! Yes I 'MacGyver' things all the time ;)

Wish I could MacGyver my back. Man been worst it has been in some time.

Since I have been working out at home for a while, I think there are a few things that well worth it. A landmine attachment has tons of good uses is one I would think every home gym should have.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

The Angry Chihuahua

The Angry Chihuahua

Nov 12, 2022
Ha! Yes I 'MacGyver' things all the time ;)

Wish I could MacGyver my back. Man been worst it has been in some time.

Since I have been working out at home for a while, I think there are a few things that well worth it. A landmine attachment has tons of good uses is one I would think every home gym should have.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!
Why is it every time I tweak my back, my wife tells me to stop deadlifting? Sure, I am sitting against a heating pad after a miserable day of back pain at work, but it was from my makeshift squat rack, not deadlifting!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic