Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Lying

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
This doesn't have to do with infidelity, by the way. If you don't tell your woman everything, is that lying, even if she doesn't ask? If you address her question in honesty, but there's other parts you left out, because she didn't ask about those, is that lying?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
hmmmmmmmm good question. i think much depends on your relationship to begin with. but sometimes all the information is not necessary. and i suppose if the question was not asked and you did not divulge all the information it wouldnt be lying. in a court of law, you only have to answer what is directly asked. but it is obviously bothering your conscience to a degree so maybe something needs to be said.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
It's not my conscious bothering me. It's the fiancee LOL. Example: She asked if I was talking to my ex. I told her no, unless it has to do with my daughter. I later told her the ex sends me big messages about crap going on in her life. I don't respond to them. She called me a liar. I wasn't talking to the ex. Talking involves dialog back and forth, or even something coming from me. There was no dialog back and forth. It was one-way. The ex was talking to me. I wasn't talking to her. Is that lying?

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
It's a lie by omission. When you omit something you create a misconception about what actually occurred, same thing as a lie. Whether its wrong or not is totally subjective.

That specifically I wouldn't say is a lie, you didn't have a conversation with her.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
eeeeeee that is tough. i agree, you arent talking and if you arent responding than i would say, you arent lying. if your fiancee is so insecure, you might take a step back and see if this relationship is what you really want. this type of behavior never gets better with marriage, only worse.

i see my ex on a daily basis, he lives literally right next door. but we are divorced for a reason and if i was ever with a guy who was insecure by our current relationship, we wouldnt be together as dickhead and i will be a part of each others lives as long as we live because we have the monchers together. but that doesnt mean i have any desire to be with him Yuck :p

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
DU put your fiance in check and tell her that you will have to have communication with your ex.Thats ridiculous for her to call you a liar and to even dwell on something so petty.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
IMO, whenever I leave out information that causes the recipient to come to a conclusion that is not accurate, I've lied. I may not have lied intentionally, so maybe I don't call it a lie, but I certainly miscommunicated.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
DU put your fiance in check and tell her that you will have to have communication with your ex.Thats ridiculous for her to call you a liar and to even dwell on something so petty.

I told her it wouldn't be an issue talking to my ex if she weren't jealous of her. That went over like a fart in church. LOL

IMO, whenever I leave out information that causes the recipient to come to a conclusion that is not accurate, I've lied. I may not have lied intentionally, so maybe I don't call it a lie, but I certainly miscommunicated.

I agree. Not lying, but miscommunication.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Hmmm... DU... I would say thats tough... but all in all not a lie... you weren't talking to her... she was TRYING to talk to you... I don't know why you didn't just say to your future ex ..."OMG read this email... she actually thinks I CARE about her problems"

then... there would have been no issues...

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
It's not a lie unless it was asked. If u don't have kids with the ex then u have no ties with her so she shouldn't contact u. If u do have kids with her well then ur gonna have To talk to the ex. My ex got me in trouble even more so after I got married! I don't even contact them but they told her I do. Weird!

Last edited:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011

very good point tg2

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic