Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Lower mg test cycles

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
yes I used to run a ton of test with all cycles and man once I got past a few weeks I would start to feel the pain in the nips.

another side effect of all that dam test is walking around like a mad man trying to bang anything that was walking.......i have it bad enough without 20 times the test levels of a normal man.

and you are lucky....gyno flare ups suck and do not go away easily without chewing on tons of AIs
"i have it bad enough without 20 times the test levels of a normal man." Father time has since taken that away from my old ass LOL.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Lets throw in a real controversial one: Deca only cycles aka the camel crew... I do know a guy very well who did and got GREAT results and no libido issues.
Years ago, I did 200 mg/2 wk of Deca (script) and 350 IU HCG, for 10 years as HRT bc I always had issues with the same dose of TC. Never had a problem with libido or ED and put on a shit load of muscle over that time on a low dose. Maybe I was producing just enough T and DHT to get by. Now in my 60's I keep the TC at 100 and ND at 20 every 5 days along with 500 IU of HCG. T blood levels day of inj but before inj was 758 ng/dl (LC/MS-MS), E2 was high 75, urologist suggest 0.25 mg of anastrozole. I have no Sx of E2 excess, nothing like I did 25 years ago, he thinks that could be why libido and ED is an issue now. I think its because of long term finasteride/dutasteride use back when we thought it was prostate cancer protective. I'll try the AI for a couple months, if it doesn't help then I'll scrap it. Just not a big believe in AIs unless absolute necessary (gyno).

Push50

Push50

Dec 12, 2013
As I’ve gotten older I have had a tendency to run all my does lower while running longer cycles. I keep my test just high enough to keep libido going. Not sure what the science says about it just doing what feels right for me.
My last cycle, just finished it last week, I ran:
Bold 100/wk
Tren100/wk
Test 100/wk
Test wasn’t lower then each but lower the both combined and it worked for me. Libido stated consistent and zero side noted.
86c5f7ff6a7c3e2f5d76f54e17a60fe2.jpg

I ran this cycle for 16 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
they use small amounts of test because they’re not interested in putting on the maximum amount of muscle. they have other reasons for doing that type of a cycle. i assume mainly just for looks. they don’t have the goal of maximizing muscle gains. which is fine if that’s what their goal is. everybody has different goals and different ways they want to look.
Spot on for me. I think once you reach a certain age maintaining, or looking good, muscular or athletic becomes a healthier goal for many.

I also think that the test doses that were common years ago were excessive. As a community I think high dose cycles are not as common as back when 1000- 1500 mg of test a week was the norm....

Last edited:
TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
So why are guys running cycles & keeping test lower than all other compounds included in their cycle? The rule of thumb for us older guys was test was always ran higher than anything else. Next thing you knew everyone wanted to run tren higher than test. Now im seeing guys run cycles with almost any compounds higher than test. Why the swing in the other direction? Is this based on “bro science” or real science?

I'm in my mid-40s and my test dose is lower that the other compounds I use in most of my cycles. I think it partially depends on what you are running and also, your body and its chemistry. My sweet spot at this age is 250mg test E5D and either 500mg of EQ or 600mg of Primo/week when Im on-cycle. On occasion I'll toss some Var in at 60mg/day. I find that when I increase my test per week, I see more side-affects than benefits. Has taken trial and error over the years but I've been in the game for 20+ yrs and know what works for me. Thats my 0.02...

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
Lets throw in a real controversial one: Deca only cycles aka the camel crew... I do know a guy very well who did and got GREAT results and no libido issues.

God bles him Myo!! I'll NEVER run deca again... took me forever to recover even with PCT back in the day....

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
Spot on for me. I think once you reach a certain age maintaining, or looking good, muscular or athletic becomes a healthier goal for many.

I also think that the test doeses that were common years ago were excessive. As a community I think high dose cycles are not as common as back when 1000- 1500 mg of test a week was the norm....

Bingo! More isn't always better.... despite what we thought in the 90s! lol Honestly, diet, rest and proper training are more important than the drugs. There's no silver bullet....

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
God bles him Myo!! I'll NEVER run deca again... took me forever to recover even with PCT back in the day....
I hear you... I hear you.. but was it Deca only or with test? Believe me it scares me but the anecdotal evidence seems strong... I would imagine one's genetics might play a factor too as their propensity with difficulty with Nor. dunno

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Years ago, I did 200 mg/2 wk of Deca (script) and 350 IU HCG, for 10 years as HRT bc I always had issues with the same dose of TC. Never had a problem with libido or ED and put on a shit load of muscle over that time on a low dose. Maybe I was producing just enough T and DHT to get by. Now in my 60's I keep the TC at 100 and ND at 20 every 5 days along with 500 IU of HCG. T blood levels day of inj but before inj was 758 ng/dl (LC/MS-MS), E2 was high 75, urologist suggest 0.25 mg of anastrozole. I have no Sx of E2 excess, nothing like I did 25 years ago, he thinks that could be why libido and ED is an issue now. I think its because of long term finasteride/dutasteride use back when we thought it was prostate cancer protective. I'll try the AI for a couple months, if it doesn't help then I'll scrap it. Just not a big believe in AIs unless absolute necessary (gyno).

W6, just out of curiosity, how long have u harnessed the benefits of hormones to facilitate HEALTH and/or Aesthetics in your days of lifting?....

U seem to be in good health and it would be interesting to know the duration of your utilization of hormones...It would be a "positive" hope that one can use anabolics (as well as ancillaries) for long-term, of course, in a reasonable manner, and stay relatively healthy....No biggie if u choose not to share, I will/do understand!....

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I'm in my mid-40s and my test dose is lower that the other compounds I use in most of my cycles. I think it partially depends on what you are running and also, your body and its chemistry. My sweet spot at this age is 250mg test E5D and either 500mg of EQ or 600mg of Primo/week when Im on-cycle. On occasion I'll toss some Var in at 60mg/day. I find that when I increase my test per week, I see more side-affects than benefits. Has taken trial and error over the years but I've been in the game for 20+ yrs and know what works for me. Thats my 0.02...
We see a lot of cycles and protocols like this in the modern age. It seems a lower base line of test mixed with designer steroid compounds are very effective for making gains ..... compared to the old school mentallity back in the day ... HIGH dose of test and lower doses of the add ons.

It's a testiment to the folks that have been in the community for a long time posting and reading. In a way we've evolved thru knowldege and safety of usage.

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
I hear you... I hear you.. but was it Deca only or with test? Believe me it scares me but the anecdotal evidence seems strong... I would imagine one's genetics might play a factor too as their propensity with difficulty with Nor. dunno

We are talking prob 2002-2003'ish so prob Deca, Winstrol and Test. I've used EQ since that experience and never had an issue recovering w proper PCT.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I have ran cycles both ways.....high test and low test.

I think the science behind it is the other compound you run like tren for example is 5 times more anabolic and will bind to the receptor and tend to block the test in your system.....then the test bounces around instead of plugging it up.

So then you have more sides with all that unneeded test in your system.......also I have found I do not get a gyno flair up with the low test so it works for me......also less oil to inject which is always a plus :cool:
So this is what confuses me. If tren is indeed 5x stronger than test, which we have all heard that in the past, then why run it higher than test? I mean now we are saying 250-300 mgs of test is a much better option but we are doing more mgs of a substance 5x more powerful than test. Why? If less test will give us The results We want & tren is 5x stronger why couldn’t we take a 1/4 of the mgs we are getting from test? Does that make sense? Not sure I’m explaining it right but hopefully you can follow me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic