Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lower mg test cycles

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
So why are guys running cycles & keeping test lower than all other compounds included in their cycle? The rule of thumb for us older guys was test was always ran higher than anything else. Next thing you knew everyone wanted to run tren higher than test. Now im seeing guys run cycles with almost any compounds higher than test. Why the swing in the other direction? Is this based on “bro science” or real science?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Will be interested to see the various responses. It seems like the old rule of thumb (e.g., 2:1 ratio of test:deca) was based on the concern of loss of libido. Then I started to see some people running a test:deca ratio at 1:4 (e.g., 200/800) with proviron oral at 50-100mg ED, and a lot of the discussion seemed to focus on keeping prolactin levels in check with caber or other ancillary. The people who were running in this fashion had reported libido holding steady and fewer sides due to the lower test.

I'm interested to hear some input, whether personal experience (e.g., bro science) or actual hormone/bloodwork discussion)

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
they use small amounts of test because they’re not interested in putting on the maximum amount of muscle. they have other reasons for doing that type of a cycle. i assume mainly just for looks. they don’t have the goal of maximizing muscle gains. which is fine if that’s what their goal is. everybody has different goals and different ways they want to look.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Just bumping this thread, as I'm interested to get some discussion.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
I have ran cycles both ways.....high test and low test.

I think the science behind it is the other compound you run like tren for example is 5 times more anabolic and will bind to the receptor and tend to block the test in your system.....then the test bounces around instead of plugging it up.

So then you have more sides with all that unneeded test in your system.......also I have found I do not get a gyno flair up with the low test so it works for me......also less oil to inject which is always a plus :cool:

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I have ran cycles both ways.....high test and low test.

I think the science behind it is the other compound you run like tren for example is 5 times more anabolic and will bind to the receptor and tend to block the test in your system.....then the test bounces around instead of plugging it up.

So then you have more sides with all that unneeded test in your system.......also I have found I do not get a gyno flair up with the low test so it works for me......also less oil to inject which is always a plus :cool:
That's the theory but I have read you have a lot of receptors.

My guess is the low gyno flair ups has less to do with competing compounds and the fact you have less test to convert to start with? I never had gyno issues, guess I'm lucky there!

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
That's the theory but I have read you have a lot of receptors.

My guess is the low gyno flair ups has less to do with competing compounds and the fact you have less test to convert to start with? I never had gyno issues, guess I'm lucky there!

yes I used to run a ton of test with all cycles and man once I got past a few weeks I would start to feel the pain in the nips.

another side effect of all that dam test is walking around like a mad man trying to bang anything that was walking.......i have it bad enough without 20 times the test levels of a normal man.

and you are lucky....gyno flare ups suck and do not go away easily without chewing on tons of AIs

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
another side effect of all that dam test is walking around like a mad man trying to bang anything that was walking.......i have it bad enough without 20 times the test levels of a normal man.

I hear how cycling shoots the sex drive through the roof but I never saw it. My sex drive stays normal on cycle or TRT. Guess I'm lucky there too. Hard enough getting the wife to roll over 3x/wk as it is.

J

jixer08

Jul 14, 2014
My experience is bro science for sure. In the past I ran 700mg wk of test. My current cycle I was running 700mg wk test- 100 eod TrenA- 100 eod Mast. but it seemed my system was shutting down (sexually). So I dropped my test to 350mg wk and up my trenA to 150mg eod and Mast 150 eod wk. everything is now extremely well. I was 7 weeks into the cycle when I went down in test.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I also have significantly less nip pain when test levels are 500 mg a week and below. That said I’m running twice that with Deca at the moment and no sexual disjunction. I’m also on proviron 50 mg on training days, so 5 days a week. I still have no nip pain.

I bang the misses on the regular with out issues, sure it’s not like Tren where I’d fuck a hole in a concrete wall, if I could

I personally think everyone reacts to compounds differently, so it’s hard to make generalizations for everyone to follow.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Lets throw in a real controversial one: Deca only cycles aka the camel crew... I do know a guy very well who did and got GREAT results and no libido issues.

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
Everyone I learned from said to run 2:1 ratio for whatever your running.

I’ve gotten some good results on deca, never had an issue with deca dick either.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic