Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lower back injury

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
I meant to add in there to use a foam roller as well, if you can.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I just had a MRI done on back. Been dealing with lower back pain there forever. Lifting for 30 years and working in construction for 35 yrs.
IMPRESSION:
L3/L4 focal asymmetric to left 6.0-7.0 Disc Herniation
L4/L5 broadly based 4.0-5.0 mm Disc Herniation
L5/S1 broadly based asymmetric to right 4.0-5.0 mm Disc Herniation.

My back is fucked but you just learn to deal with it and listen to your body as far as lifting heavy or not. Most mornings i cant bend to tie my damn work boots (my wife does) but by mid day it loosens up and i can deal with it. Whether i lift heavy or not is irrelevant. Im just happy to still be able to get it in everyday.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Thank you all, I'm glad I posted this, cuz there was one little voice in my head that was pushing me to go ahead ......."do your regular workouts... it will get better eventually...it will mess up your cut". It took almost a good month, but I feel 100% now, just going to take my time to get back to the poundages I left off at. Now with all the tips here I know if this ever happens again I got an arsenal of good advice here on this thread!!

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
I meant to add in there to use a foam roller as well, if you can.

I highly disagree with this personally. From first hand experience, as well as knowing others, using one contrbuted to worsening my injury. It made my disc herniate more.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
I highly disagree with this personally. From first hand experience, as well as knowing others, using one contrbuted to worsening my injury. It made my disc herniate more.

You are correct, If it's a herniated disc that would cause problems yes.

If its muscle strain then the roller will help, and that is from personal experience in both cases.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic