Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lower back compressions (dead lifts/squats)

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
I don't mess with anything that messes with the lower spinal column. I see a lot of people do dead lifts and squats. It's mostly the average joe or jane doing these. The average jane tends to like to do the barbell glut bridge. When I work on the ham or squads I'll use the leg curl machines.

My question is, what is the long run affect for these types of exercises? When I see the teen looking people doing these exercises the only thing that comes to my mind is injury in the making.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Funny, I did back last night and never even thought about deads, that's how long I haven't done them and my lower back doesn't miss then nor do my buldgingdisc's.
I did do some bent over rows and it's hard to even go heavy on those anymore.

I did see 2 high schoolers doing squats with their shorts rolled up slapping their thighs and then noticed they had 35's on and chuckled as I was curling more weight than they were squatting but everyone needs to start somewhere, just don't make a spectical of it when it's not impressive.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
I had an L5 back injury a few years ago. My doctor prescribed FlexMids and in a day or two, the pain and nerve problem is yesterday's news. Now, I only feel it if I try to lift too heavy with my deadlifts. Ironically, prior to competing, I would feel left knee pains when my form is off with my deadlifts. Since the knee replacements, I never feel them again.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Sitting all day for work destroys my lower back, trying to work on that. (Tightness, stiff, etc).
SQ's and DL's been doing them for decades. I just do heavy, and low-reps these days. (5/3/1).
Still a bit bothersome, but heavy multi-joint full-body power movements rule over single-joint machine stuff, which I use as finishers.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I still do deads with my bad back but stay light, keep really good form, check my ego at the door because you know guys are judging you for lifting light. I do not care.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic