Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Low testosterone and COVID outcomes

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Some in the boards community are likely to be on DIY trt that will not appear on their medical records but will provide higher than normal Test levels. This may help shield them somewhat from contracting COVID, but if they do anyway ... might they be at greater risk during an extended hospital stay if a case manager has no idea the patient's admission Test levels will not be indicative of how far and how fast those Test levels will plunge.

And, if what is stated in this study about Test vs. COVID might apply as well to Test vs. other diseases, would those patients also be at unexpected risk during an otherwise well-managed hospitalization .........

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Some in the boards community are likely to be on DIY trt that will not appear on their medical records but will provide higher than normal Test levels. This may help shield them somewhat from contracting COVID, but if they do anyway ... might they be at greater risk during an extended hospital stay if a case manager has no idea the patient's admission Test levels will not be indicative of how far and how fast those Test levels will plunge.

And, if what is stated in this study about Test vs. COVID might apply as well to Test vs. other diseases, would those patients also be at unexpected risk during an otherwise well-managed hospitalization .........
That is absolutely correct. Decades ago a doc at the Cleveland Clinic who was a pro team physician told me that guys that were on PEDs, should they get injured and/or require surgery were put on T because they would not otherwise recover as well. In addition, a good friend and top pro IFBB competitor in the 90's prepping for the Arnold Classic had a nasty flare up of his colitis prior to the show, ended up nearly dying in the hospital. When I visited him in the hospital I asked his doc if they included T in his meds. The guy just looked at me like a had a 3rd eye. I pulled him aside and said, he's prepping for a show and WAS loaded on anabolic/anti-catabolic substances, now nothing. Do you have any idea how that will affect his outcome from a high inflammatory and catabolic condition and surgery? I had one of his docs get with the surgeon and get him on T because he would have crashed. It saved his ass. T is anti inflammatory, nothing good comes from low T yet docs continue to believe it is the devils work. It is by far the safest of all PEDs in men and women (virilization aside) even in moderate supraphysiologic dosing. If you are in an accident or end up hospitalized, better figure out one way or another how to keep your T levels where they were prior to admission. It might save your life.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic