Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Low testosterone (23 years old) - could Clomid help?

P

paxman1

Jul 8, 2013
I've visited endocrinologist few months ago because of pubertal gyno. I've received no drugs whatsoever because "it's normal to have gyno" (words of a doc), so I can forget about any treatment. I've got this blood work done by him back then, here are the results:

S-PTH 22 ng/L

s-testosterone 10,8 nmol/L (about 317 ng/dL)
s-lh 1,5 UI/L
s-fsh 2,2 IU/L
s-tsh 2,77 mU/L
s-ft3 5,2 pmol/L
s-ft4 13,6 pmol/L
prolactin (POOL and PEG) 8,5 ug/L
IGF-1 292 ug/l.

As you may see, my testosterone level is very low for my age (23), but endo won't give me T replacement as well, so I'm on my own. I was wondering if Clomid would help? How much should I take per day? Are there any better options? What results may I expect? Please note that I will be taking raloxifene as well to shrink down my gyno. Could Clomid lower raloxifene's effectiveness by any chance?

Thanks for help.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Honestly, what you need to do is find another DR and get tested. You need to find out why it's low, having Gyno means you were high at one point. Getting a second opinion will also maybe yield a monitored treatment by that Dr.

I would not take anything and further screw with yourself.

P

paxman1

Jul 8, 2013
It was really hard to even get directed to this endo (unless you pay of course, but that's very expensive), so I really doubt that I will get another chance. I'm having another testosterone check at the same endo in few months and I really don't know what to do. I was already thinking of intentionally lowering my testosterone levels before tests, although I don't know how exactly. I could also lie that I can't get erection whatsoever...

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
More bloodwork would be definitely a good idea.

Clomid is very often used for PCT..and can come in different dosages. It is often preferred by some over Test since it doesn't shut down natural production. Also it has the effect that it tends to limit more gyno from occuring.

A standard dose would be 50mgs EOD. Though I have seen dosages as high as 150mgs EOD, or even 100mgs ED.

Remember, alot of people on high dosages complain of being over emotional on regular clomid therapy. Also be sure to investigate other potential sides long term clomid might have. Most commonly is blurred vision.

You can also run Nolvadex in order to help try to eliminate some of the pre-pubescent gyno. While you will hear some say it is not possible. I have personally witnessed dozens of users in the last 15 years who had either existing gyno or in several cases pre-pubescent gyno and Nolva has reduced it significantly for many of these users.

A dosage to attempt to remove existing gyno can vary, but I have seen many people have luck running 20mgs- 3x per day for a month or two. Remember Nolvadex targets breast tissue , this is why it is used in breast cancer patients.

So this gives you some options to consider in the meantime.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Rather than talk to the doc about trt why don't you ask if a script for clomiphene could be made? From my reading, 25mg EOD for 3 to 6 months will produce results that will last beyond from one injection to the next.

At 23 TRT should be your last option.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
CAn you put up your normal ranges for that lab? I think your prolactin might be high. That can give you or be a symptom related to low T problems.

P

paxman1

Jul 8, 2013
wesleyinman: which hormones specifically would you suggest to get tested? I've already tried with nolvadex and got zero improvement in gyno size, so I might try with raloxifene now.

PillarofBalance: I sincerely very doubt that I'll get clomid, but I'll ask for sure. What would happen when I stop taking clomid? How high will be my testosterone in comparison to the date before I started taking clomid? How about my estrogen levels?

Glycomann: unfortunately they were not provided in diagnosis report, so I believe that it would be the best if you would just compare them to those on wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_ranges_for_blood_tests
In the first test, prolactin was way above normal, but because it can vary in relation to time of taken blood, I got doctor's note for MRI of hypophysis and POOL/PEG tests of prolaction. These showed up that prolactin is within range and hypophysis is also ok.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
I've visited endocrinologist few months ago because of pubertal gyno. I've received no drugs whatsoever because "it's normal to have gyno" (words of a doc), so I can forget about any treatment. I've got this blood work done by him back then, here are the results:

S-PTH 22 ng/L

s-lh 1,5 UI/L
s-fsh 2,2 IU/L
s-tsh 2,77 mU/L
s-ft3 5,2 pmol/L
s-ft4 13,6 pmol/L
IGF-1 292 ug/l.

As you may see, my testosterone level is very low for my age (23), but endo won't give me T replacement as well, so I'm on my own. I was wondering if Clomid would help? How much should I take per day? Are there any better options? What results may I expect? Please note that I will be taking raloxifene as well to shrink down my gyno. Could Clomid lower raloxifene's effectiveness by any chance?

Thanks for help.
Your former doctor, and I hope he is your former doctor, is a moron.

RowdyBrad

RowdyBrad

Jul 6, 2012
Get another doc.

He should have given you a ” clomid challenge ” where you run 25 mg ed for about 10 days to test the potential output of your nuts. Along with a full panel that is a first step.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I have to mimic the words of POB with "At 23 TRT should be your last option." and personally I'd be firstly looking in to the underlying cause of the problem... is it low for a reason or is there something thats happened and caused damage? I would be resorting to medication only after I knew why because TRT is a life long thing... I'd look in to HCG, Clomid and even start researching GnRH agonists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonadotropin-releasing_hormone_agonist) and things that work on the pituary... there are a few studies about GnRH agonists treating hypogonadism and stuff

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

S-PTH 22 ng/L

s-lh 1,5 UI/L
s-fsh 2,2 IU/L
s-tsh 2,77 mU/L
s-ft3 5,2 pmol/L
s-ft4 13,6 pmol/L
IGF-1 292 ug/l.

Thanks for help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When is the last time you cycled ANY AAS?
(Since your labs are most consistent with AIH - Androgen Induced Hypogonadism)

Are or have you used ANY OTC "pro-pormone" supplements?

"Pubertal gynecomastia" occurs at or around PUBERTY, and age 23 is NOT even close!

What did your Endo say about the TT and the LH being relatively LOW?

JIM

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic