Mowerma
What's New?

Low T Quiz

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
(also known as “Low T,” andropause or male menopause)

Take this quick quiz to determine if low testosterone is robbing you of the enjoyment of your life and relationships. Check each of the symptoms you notice and how often it occurs.

Never Occasionally Frequently

Decreased interest in sex
Nervousness or irritability
Fatigue, lack of energy or lack of motivation
Aches, pains or stiffness - joints or muscles
Dry and thinning skin - developing tiny wrinkles
Weight gain, especially around the waist.
Difficulty obtaining or maintaining an erection
Insomnia or difficulty getting a good night’s sleep
Difficulty with memory or concentration
Depression, anger and/or boredom
Feeling restless or lonely
Excessive sweating, especially at night
Increased difficulties in personal and sexual relationships

Click Here to see Your Score

If your score is less than 33, it’s likely that low testosterone is making you feel older than you are and robbing you of enjoyment.

Contact [email protected] or visit www.LifeXMD.com to schedule a No-Charge Consultation and find out how much better you and your life could be when male hormones are properly balanced.

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/lifexmd

Scoring: 3 points for each Never, 2 points for each Occasionally and 1 Point for each Frequently. Calculate total score and post in email.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
DANG IT! I have low T's! (Actually do! Had them checked.)

Quick question...how do we convince the Dr. that even if close to the "norm" for age bracket it's still low? I read a post on another board about the dosing protocol that some physicians follow. It was said that they are doing more harm then good with the dosing standards since they aren't keeping your levels consistent. Example. 125mg every month...1 shot of TestC. Given the half life you're riding the hormone roller coaster!

Anyway...thank you for posting the Quiz. It's helpful.

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
At LifeXMD we aim to achieve optimal hormone levels in our clients as long as we can show a medical reason to do so. That being said, 125mg of cyp is not going to put anybody near optimal. All of our plans are custom tailored to the individual. Once we have current bloodwork, physical, and other required paperwork, our doctor looks over your chart and then has a consultation with you where you can hear their suggested route of treatment and voice your concerns and ask questions. At that point y'all will agree on a regimen and you would be able to order your meds. We know that average/normal is not optimal. Optimal is optimal. If the physician can justify it and deem it medically necessary for your treatment we also offer hormones for joint health, HGH and gh releasers for gh stimulation therapy, erectile dysfunction meds, as well as a host of other support meds and even vitamin therapy as well.

Last edited:
any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Thank you for the response! Am curious if your team accepts current and past blood tests provided by another physician? (So many more questions as I like the concept your team provides.)

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
In short, yes we do. Just so long as it is comprehensive. We also check for gh serum, igf-1, and tsh so it will need to include these as well as total test, free test and e2. If you had the complete female hormone panel, that should be sufficient. It will need to be a fairly recent one though, like within the last 6 months or so. I sent you a pm as well

Tptblank

Tptblank

Sep 15, 2013
I'm going into the dr tomorrow for most of those symptoms an generally feelin run down. My concern is him being ultra conservative and either saying I'm on the low end and will be fine since I'm turning 40 this year or dosing me horribly. Any tips?

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
Most primary care physicians (pcp) still have the stigma attached to trt in that they think "Oh my God. I am prescribing a steroid and steroids are bad." This tends to cause them to ere on the side of caution as they don't want the added scrutiny of the DEA and the physician community. Make sure when you get your tests done that you get these:
1 CBC withl Diff
2 DHEA Sulfate
3 ESTRADIOL, SHBG
4 FSH
5 IGF-1
6 TSH, Free T-3, Free T-4
7 LIPIDS
8 PSA
9 Free TestosteronelTotal Testosterone
10 CORTISOL
11 Progesterone
12 Comprehensive Metabolic Panel

I personally was at a 317 for my total testosterone level at the ripe old age of 29. I did however, have a previous medical condition that led to this. After all my research i went to my dr and was unhappy with his plan for treatment and found a better physician to do this. That being said, as soon as my current script runs out i will be using LifeXMD. When you get your test results post them up as well as what your doctor's plan of action is.

Tptblank

Tptblank

Sep 15, 2013
Well I went and I was correct in my concerns. i had blood work done for low sex drive, occasional ED, irritability, not being able to sleep, etc. all symptoms of low test. I've known something has been wrong for the last few months.
The results came back that his only concern was an elevated LDL of 200. I asked what my free test levels were. They were 81 on a scale of 40-220 he said. Perfectly normal for a 38 year old man.
He wants to put me on zocor and that's it. My test levels are closer to the bottom of the chart than my LDL is to the top of that chart. I understand this country is run by big pharm companies but how do I get this problem fixed? Cholesterol meds won't treat the symptoms I have.[/QUOTE]

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
To start we need to understand that HDL and LDL are not actually cholesteron, but a lipoprotein that shuttles cholesteron. When these lipoproteins are elevated so then is your cholesterol. Your body actually uses cholesteron to make your hormones and this is why people whose hormone levels are off tend to have cholesterol issues. So it is very possible that if you were to recieve HRT/TRT that after some time your cholesterol levels would start to decline and you would be in the acceptable range without needing or using cholesterol meds.

You do have some options though. One would be trying to find a different dr that is willing to work with you and treat the symptoms which may be hard to do. Your second option is to get with a HRT/TRT clinic Like LifeXMD that focuses on optimization and wants the patient to feel as they were when they were 18 again. If the second option interests you you can send me a pm and we can talk more at length about what we at LifeXMD can offer

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic