Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Low T even after TRT

BrutusMaximus

BrutusMaximus

Jul 8, 2013
After having problems with low libido and general lethargy/depression I had my testosterone levels tested and discovered that I have low T. I went to see a urologist and he prescribed Androgel 1.62%. After a few weeks of using it, I was starting to feel more normal, but after testing my T level was actually lower than it was the first time (around 160 this time, previously it was around 300). He doubled the dose and that seems to work. Libido is back to normal, no more lethargy, and I've even put on a noticeable amount of muscle mass. It's been a month. I just got tested again, and my T level was still the same. Even the urologist is puzzled. Any idea what's going on here?

FYI, I get tested early in the morning, at a time when the urologist said my T is at "trough level". I don't know if this is relevant.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Yes. I had the same results on Androgel. Androgel sucks. It doens't absorb for a lot of people. I was on max dose of 8 pumps a day as well. Ask for Test Cyp injectable. 150mg a week put me around 800 7 days after inject.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Yes ask for the injectable.. It's way more reliable than cream/gel/topical and you will be able to keep your serum levels much more steady when transdermal absorption variance isn't a factor too. Also make sure they check free test and estrogen levels as well.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Get the injectable test cyp. Only way to fly.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Having worked in the med field for years, the best dosage I saw used for the average male, was 100-150mgs of test Cyp, E4d, rather then weekly. Then using 250iu of HCG 2x per week in addition showed to do very well.

On average most patients would test out 700-1200 nanograms on average, somewhere in that range. Which is super safe long term.

The gels like testim and androgel generally did improve some people levels, but never enough to put them at the top of the scale (240-1100ng). If you can be a 1000nanogram safely, why bother sitting at a 3-400nanogram level? To me this makes no sense, but many doctors feel that if you anywhere in range this is acceptable.

I disagree. Even if you compare the libido, mood , fat loss, lean muscle gains, and overall body composition changes after months of a 800nanogram level versus say a 400 ng level, it's a night and day difference.

This is why so many guys just end up self medicating and then abusing AAS, because their doctors undertreat them for this condition.

BrutusMaximus

BrutusMaximus

Jul 8, 2013
This is why so many guys just end up self medicating and then abusing AAS, because their doctors undertreat them for this condition.

I feel like this is going to be my fate unless I find a friendlier urologist. I asked mine about injectable test and he said he wants to keep trying the androgel. I'm doing 3 pumps/shoulder a day, haven't really felt much different.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I feel like this is going to be my fate unless I find a friendlier urologist. I asked mine about injectable test and he said he wants to keep trying the androgel. I'm doing 3 pumps/shoulder a day, haven't really felt much different.

a urologist isn't the only ones that do TRT. What State do you live in? Might be able to find a Dr. that Does TRT... I script. is covered by insurance, but my Labs and Dr. visit through him isn't. Labs only cost me $25 and if I want to talk with him $50.

BrutusMaximus

BrutusMaximus

Jul 8, 2013
a urologist isn't the only ones that do TRT. What State do you live in? Might be able to find a Dr. that Does TRT... I script. is covered by insurance, but my Labs and Dr. visit through him isn't. Labs only cost me $25 and if I want to talk with him $50.
I'm in California. I honestly don't know where to look for a doctor that specializes in TRT.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Start looking up Small Clinic's in your area. The one I use some guys use has the GP too. I'm all new to it thou.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic