pbtom
What's New?

Low Dose Oral Minoxidil for Hair Loss, AAS and Androgen Receptors

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Heard from my endocrinologist:

"Minoxidil will not counter act the effect of testosterone. The exact mechanism of how minoxidil helps hair growth is not 100% understood.

The weight gain with minoxidil is mostly fluid retention as minoxidil is vasodilator your plasma volume expands and you might notice some fluid pitting around the ankles.

The other side effects of this medicine is that it causes low blood pressure and speeds up your heart rate which might not be good on long-term

Rogaine or minoxidil shampoo might be safer to use."

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Damn I wish had seen this thread before i saw my GP for my yearly last week. I would have asked for some. I’d never heard of orally though I knew it was originally developed as a hypertension drug, anyone here carry it? I know they have topical fin, have seen recipes where people crush tabs with coconut oil and min and make a headpaste. I’ve tried topical min on and off but something in it (the alcohol?) gives me red sores on my scalp. The liquid especially. The foam less so but I can only use it once every other day rather then twice daily so i’m sure that changes the efficacy.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Yeah, the whole greasy hair thing is why I didn't want to go down the topical route, and while the negative impacts from orals seem to be greater than topical, from what I've read, it still gets absorbed into your system and can have the same negative impacts to a lesser degree.

As for the crushing of fina, I had not heard of that until I started researching, but there's nothing but incidental posts on some boards, some say it works, some say it doesn't.

Here are the links to the articles, which the board didn't let me post earlier as I didn't have enough prior posts.

New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/18/health/minoxidil-hair-loss-pills.html

The scientific study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4039155/#:~:text=These tests revealed that minoxidil,AR-positive LNCaP cell growth.
As far as crushing finasteride tabs goes I don't really care what anyone says, the way people do it is incredibly stupid. Finasteride is very soluble in alcohol. If you want to make your own topical by adding it to your topical minoxidil I would recommend the method that I personally use.

I crush the tabs, stir in alcohol, then filter. After filtering I distill to reduce, add my minoxidil solution and reduce again to the original volume.

If you just crush your tabs and put them in the solution you're going to have all the fillers and coating sitting in your solution and putting that grit onto your scalp and you'll be walking around like you've got out of control dandruff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic