Low Dose DNP / IF

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Hey guys,

Starting a low dose DNP cycle log x2 months
Dosing (100mg/day M-F, Breaks Sat/Sun)
Diet: IF 16:8 M-F (Coffee/Tea/Water in AM)
Lunch is usually: Smoothie concoction/Salad
Dinner: Regular meal, Clean during weekdays
Workout: BJJ 1-2 x week, Cardio 3x week, Weights 2-3x week.
Supps/AAS: MultiVitamins, Aspirin 81mg, Lions Mane, TRT Test Cyp. 80mg/week,
Anavar 20mg PW on lifting days only (works well for me and I don’t get cramps doing BJJ).
Recs: Shrooms intermittently (used for meditation/reflection etc., Microdose)

Primary goal is to see if DNP at low doses for me will help refresh my Insulin receptors, getting older and having a family hx of Diabetes, my A1C has been teetering over baseline average 5.7-5.9 in the last few years despite diet and lifestyle changes (Tried being full vegan, can’t do it so I consider myself part time vegan).

Secondly, continued or improved fatloss, Since pandemic and coming off working nights I went from 235 lbs at possibly 30+% BF down to 215 lbs at around 22-23%BF by following my regiment above. Back in my 20’s I could miss 2 meals and be 12% BF!! Now the moment I think of a burger Im up 10 lbs!.

Anywho, hopefully my years and years of HGH use (although low dose) did not screw up my insulin receptors. Its been quite some time since I took DNP (2004-2005) was the last time to be exact. I will gauge myself with this longer but lower dose cycle and post up every week or so on how its going. Thanks guys.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Looking forward to how this goes. First heard of DNP from TC Luoma YEARS ago, was appropriately scared, which seemed to be his intention, and never looked back. But in recent years see a lot of people here I respect that swear by, not at, it ... and I'm listening.

Your moderation approach to DNP, trt, and even food has an appeal that defeats whatever Luoma was preaching. I am unable to adhere to moderation in food or aas, but I'm hoping you'll keep us posted and that others will chime in.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
The IF alone should help with your insulin issues.

Are you not looking to lose weight with the DNP? I'd say if you are, bump it to 200mg a day and you still shouldn't get many sides. What do your total calories look like on average?

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Looking forward to how this goes. First heard of DNP from TC Luoma YEARS ago, was appropriately scared, which seemed to be his intention, and never looked back. But in recent years see a lot of people here I respect that swear by, not at, it ... and I'm listening.

Your moderation approach to DNP, trt, and even food has an appeal that defeats whatever Luoma was preaching. I am unable to adhere to moderation in food or aas, but I'm hoping you'll keep us posted and that others will chime in.
Will keep you guys posted as best as I can, probably weekly unless something significant happens etc. When I was younger the first time I was on DNP for 3-4 cycles it was nuts, I could not stop sweating especially in the summer and especially at night. I was sleeping on the cold floor with a pillow as my wife was tired of me soaking up the bed. I lost a ton of fat and weight then but the sides/bloat/ shortness of breath etc. was just not worth it for me to do it again until now.

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
The IF alone should help with your insulin issues.

Are you not looking to lose weight with the DNP? I'd say if you are, bump it to 200mg a day and you still shouldn't get many sides. What do your total calories look like on average?
The IF I believe has definitely helped and can attribute much of my weight loss for the past 7 months that I have been adhering to it from Monday-Friday, but usually starting Friday night until Sunday 8-9pm I would eat whatever, whenever. With the DNP Im hoping the IF + DNP will help my body respond better to insulin spikes etc. I feel as if I have transitioned into a Mesomorph as I got older and I can no longer hold a hard core meal prep diet lifestyle to bring me down to 12% BF.

I am starting low and slow, one thing I have learned about myself these past years, especially with TRT, I like the way my body responds to lower doses. I almost feel natural without too much bloat etc. As for weight loss, I am using the DNP to just slightly help bump up my metabolism without sacrificing performance and overall well being. I may consider going 200mg/day next go around depending on how I do this time around. Will keep you guys posted!

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
What do your total calories look like on average?
Sorry, forgot to respond to this one. I don’t really count calories but rather focus more on whole food/ nutrition than calories. On Average my shake concoction is probably 1k calories. It consists of fresh wheatgrass, hemp seeds, flaxseeds, 1x Banana OR mixed berries, tumeric, ginger, 1 scoop plant protein, handful of almonds, spoonful of grapenuts and a spoonful of coffeegrounds.

Dinner is usually a full meal but Clean, no thick sauces etc. (Protein, Rice, Veggies and lots of water.)

All in all, Monday-Friday my average eyeball calories daily may be 2200-2500 calories.

morning post workout I drink coffee, tea and tons of water. Maybe a Vegan protein shake depending how I feel (water only).

I work in the hospital Mon-Friday with Oncall overnights at times so Im constantly moving and lifting patients. My workouts are always early mornings 5-5:30 AM regardless of whether its Cardio or weights, some nights I have BJJ with some friends.0

my goal weight would be to get back to between 190-200lbs lean (12-15% BF and get off of my blood pressure medication Losartan) and then just maintain.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Will keep you guys posted as best as I can, probably weekly unless something significant happens etc. When I was younger the first time I was on DNP for 3-4 cycles it was nuts, I could not stop sweating especially in the summer and especially at night. I was sleeping on the cold floor with a pillow as my wife was tired of me soaking up the bed. I lost a ton of fat and weight then but the sides/bloat/ shortness of breath etc. was just not worth it for me to do it again until now.
Wondering if most bodybuilder marriages that end in divorce occur when "watch out for the wet spot Honey" takes on a whole new meaning from back during the newlywed year.

What kind of DNP doses were you running back in the day?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The IF alone should help with your insulin issues . . .
We used to get more IF discussion here, and @macgyver was one of its chief proponents. Then came a thread about macro nutrients that started off fine but became discouraging as it went off the rails. The way I remember mac's descriptions, IF sounded like the "fun diet," coulda been a NYT Bestseller with the right Agent .......

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Wondering if most bodybuilder marriages that end in divorce occur when "watch out for the wet spot Honey" takes on a whole new meaning from back during the newlywed year.

What kind of DNP doses were you running back in the day?
Lol, it was a rough time back then, especially when DNP turned your fluids yellowish lol. I remember dosing anywhere between 200mg to max 600mg, but that was the most I could tolerate. 14-21 days were my average cycle but those days were hell after day 3/4. I had less control back then with my appetite and food so would pay for it in sweat literally after eating pasta, rice and bread. I have used Yellow Jackets DNP amongst another seller whom I forgot their SN’s.

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Alright, first update, feeling great! Steady sweat in the gym and during cardio. BJJ is when the real sweat comes! Feeling the heat come on much quicker when active, even when busy at work, but nothing intolerable.

Otherwise no negatives like night sweats ( tad bit more hotter here and there depending on carbs eaten.). Sleep has been good, no lethargy, diet is the same along with fasting, no issues at all. Holding a tad bit of water but that depends mostly on diet/sodium intake as well as water. Definitely a bit thirsty more often.

Current average weight this am is 213lbs dry. Fluctuates in the weekend because I do not follow IF or real diet during weekends. DNP is on point, after this run I may venture to 200mg/day M-F, but as of now this is exactly what I was looking for. To sum it all down, no negative sides, good energy, able to lift well with good energy for my lifestyle.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hey guys,

Starting a low dose DNP cycle log x2 months
Dosing (100mg/day M-F, Breaks Sat/Sun)
Diet: IF 16:8 M-F (Coffee/Tea/Water in AM)
Lunch is usually: Smoothie concoction/Salad
Dinner: Regular meal, Clean during weekdays
Workout: BJJ 1-2 x week, Cardio 3x week, Weights 2-3x week.
Supps/AAS: MultiVitamins, Aspirin 81mg, Lions Mane, TRT Test Cyp. 80mg/week,
Anavar 20mg PW on lifting days only (works well for me and I don’t get cramps doing BJJ).
Recs: Shrooms intermittently (used for meditation/reflection etc., Microdose)

Primary goal is to see if DNP at low doses for me will help refresh my Insulin receptors, getting older and having a family hx of Diabetes, my A1C has been teetering over baseline average 5.7-5.9 in the last few years despite diet and lifestyle changes (Tried being full vegan, can’t do it so I consider myself part time vegan).

Secondly, continued or improved fatloss, Since pandemic and coming off working nights I went from 235 lbs at possibly 30+% BF down to 215 lbs at around 22-23%BF by following my regiment above. Back in my 20’s I could miss 2 meals and be 12% BF!! Now the moment I think of a burger Im up 10 lbs!.

Anywho, hopefully my years and years of HGH use (although low dose) did not screw up my insulin receptors. Its been quite some time since I took DNP (2004-2005) was the last time to be exact. I will gauge myself with this longer but lower dose cycle and post up every week or so on how its going. Thanks guys.

Reading the summary of your dietary style, you’ll likely be adverse to this recommendation — BUT, it will irrefutably resolve each and every issue you mentioned. And it will do it sans DNP.
Zero to minimal 50g daily MAX, (fewer the better) while focusing on an animal based…. Carnivore diet.

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Update this evening before heading to bed. Post BJJ roll 1.5 hour (class/roll with friends)
210.5 lbs (post dinner too! Gonna chug another gallon of water and protein Casein before bed (breaking my fast but my body needs it!).

New things I noticed, even at 100mg/day Im starting to notice I get a little short of breathe and tire out sooner during strenuous workouts, also “feeling” the heat my body generates much more too?. Eating more meat during dinner because I “feel” my body needing it more along with veggies and some carbs. Cravings for sweets are up a little bit during my eating timeframe.

Overall pleased with how its going, I think I may up it to 200mg/day for a week to see what happens and will cut back on workout intensity etc. in total my plan was doing 100mg/day for 30 days or more depending,

PS: decided to keep it at 100mg/day with no weekend breaks since Im eating normal and not fasting or anything etc.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic