Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Low Calorie Fast Food Options

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Eating healthier at home is usually much easier than eating healthy when out and about. Unfortunately, due to our busy lives and limited budget for eating out, fast food restaurants are often a family's answer to dinner on the town. Don't despair. Contrary to the media's touting of the dangers of fast food, there are some healthier choices that you can make that will not only satisfy your hunger, but will not pack on the pounds. Here are the best choices for three of the most popular fast food chains:

McDonald's

Fruit and Yogurt Parfait-this treat tastes similar to ice cream but is much less sinful. Choose for breakfast, or for a sweet, but healthy afternoon snack. It is made with low-fat yogurt and topped with strawberries, blueberries and low-fat granola. 160 calories, 2g fat, 1g sat. fat, 5mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 31g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g protein

Premium Asian Salad with Grilled Chicken-the biggest portion of the fat in this choice is from the almonds, which happens to be a 'good' fat. Add the veggies and the soybeans included here, and this is a heart-healthy, quite filling, lunch or dinner. 300 calories, 10g fat, 1g sat. fat, 65mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 23g carbs, 5g fiber, 32g protein

Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich-simply hold the mayonnaise here to save mucho calories and fat. If you absolutely can't eat the sandwich dry, request a lower calorie alternative or bring your own low-fat or fat-free mayo or ranch dressing. 370 calories, 4.5g fat, 1g sat. fat, 65mg cholesterol, 1,110mg sodium, 50g carbs, 3g fiber, 32g protein

Wendy's

Ultimate Chicken Grill-with lettuce, tomatoes and honey mustard sauce. Satisfying and yummy; don't order the fries when sticking to your diet. Opt for mandarin oranges or a side salad instead. 320 calories, 7g fat, 1.5g sat. fat, 70mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 36g carbs, 2g fiber, 28g protein

Mandarin Chicken Salad-comes with a variety of tasty and vitamin-rich lettuces and some crunchy and flavorful toppings. Most of the fat is unsaturated and the almonds contain the 'good' fat that is recommended for a healthy diet. 540 calories, 25g fat, 3g sat. fat, 65mg cholesterol, 1,260mg sodium, 50g carbs, 5g fiber, 31g protein

Burger King

Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad-ask them to 'hold the cheese' and top it with light Italian dressing or bring your own low-calorie favorite. 300 calories, 16g fat, 2.5g sat. fat, 70mg cholesterol, 1,050mg sodium, 13g carbs, 5g fiber, 33g protein

BK Veggie Burger-is unbelievably tasty. Hold the mayonnaise in order to hold the cholesterol, or substitute with a low fat mayo or ranch dressing. This one is a hit with vegetarians that are happy to have something besides a salad. 340 calories, 8g fat, 1g sat. fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1,030mg sodium, 46g carbs, 7g fiber, 23g protein

So, the next time the kids or the partner beg you to cave in to their 'burger craving', you can go with, enjoy your meal and not be riddled with guilt for falling too far off the wagon. Enjoy!

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
that's funny. I won't go to any of those.

when I feel likea a fast food, I may go to KFC or In and Out.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yep, that new KFC Roasted chicken is mmm mmm good and I like me the double double n fries when i get the 'in n out urge'

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
My low calorie fast food fix is a bowl of rice, bowl of miso soup and stir fried veges.

Completely different in terms of caloric density to a McDonalds Big Mac, although the overall calories are similar. Also there's a big difference in satiety between the two.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
that's funny. I won't go to any of those.
Haha, ditto. I don't eat at any of those commercial fast food 'restaurants'.

If people actually took the time to learn how to cook their own fast food type meals, they would probably find they'd save money... plus they would end up with something that's better for them as well as tasting 10 x better.

390292_10151173789378720_190209276_n.jpg

That's one of my favourite dishes, takes me about 15mins to knock up. Stir fried veges & black beans with homemade curry sauce (coconut oil, cranberry, garlic, 1 x red chilli and ginger) with pan seared salmon and pasta on the side. Coriander to garnish.

EASY.

A

Alexander699

Mar 14, 2013
Fast food is not the best way to get your meal but sometimes it's just unavoidable.My low calorie fast food fix is iced nonfat latte with sugar free vanilla syrup.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Carl jr. Has a low carbohydrate burger.... Basically the bun is lettuce. It's really good. Also, sonic has a grilled chicken sandwich that's really good. And I think it's on different type of bread, not sure what though. Maybe cibata ?

Mini has a good point though about cooking yourself. If you are gonna be out I think it's a good habit to get into to bring a cooler or something with you. This way you have your stuff and you don't deviate from your meal plan.

It does take a little more time, but planning ahead really helps out.

Ok that's all from me, I'm getting hungry again. :p

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Mini has a good point though about cooking yourself. If you are gonna be out I think it's a good habit to get into to bring a cooler or something with you. This way you have your stuff and you don't deviate from your meal plan.

It does take a little more time, but planning ahead really helps out.
Way I see it is that by the time you have driven to a fast food joint and got your meal, you could have probably cooked something up yourself that tastes equally as good... and probably better for you !!

You're right Turbo, just comes down to planning and good time management.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic