Samson0692
What's New?

Louisiana Hot Sauce

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I've only ever tried the Crystal brand Louisiana hot sauce. Does the actual "Louisiana Hot Sauce" brand with the yellow label taste different?

I love the Crystal brand sauce. Been eating it on everything. It tastes better than Tabasco and other Mexican hot sauces.

Does the 'yellow' LHS taste much different or better?

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I find they taste similar but prefer Crystal over Louisiana's more vinegar taste. Tabasco tastes terrible. Chula tastes like shit. I'm sick of the Frank's commercials. I won't run to the shelves for their product.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I find they taste similar but prefer Crystal over Louisiana's more vinegar taste. Tabasco tastes terrible. Chula tastes like shit. I'm sick of the Frank's commercials. I won't run to the shelves for their product.
I had an ex Latina GF who would drink the black label Valentina sauce straight from the bottle like nothing. I would just buy her a large bottle for her birthday and Christmas, and she was happy, haha.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
LHS and Crystal taste the same to me. El yucateco is pretty good too, but it seems to go better with heartier carb heavy meals that I seldom eat. My favorite hot sauces are from Torch Bearer, I get them on Amazon. Rapture and Garlic Reaper FTW…I like them bc while they are indeed spicy, they also have great flavor that goes good on prepared meals like normal or baked as part of recipes.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I haven’t had the other one but I love Louisiana sauce. Try slap ya mama hot sauce. I fucking love those. Good friends with the owners of that company in Louisiana, and fell in love with all their shit after they introduced me. They have a great jalapeño hot sauce too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
fe0a33ed543bbd54744ca5b99893f0a9.jpg

These right here BMJ. I can literally drink them I love them so much. My heartburn hates when I do that though.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I haven’t had the other one but I love Louisiana sauce. Try slap ya mama hot sauce. I fucking love those. Good friends with the owners of that company in Louisiana, and fell in love with all their shit after they introduced me. They have a great jalapeño hot sauce too.

Oh cool, I think I seen those out here in the Walmart near me! I'm gonna pick them up and try them, thanks! :cool:

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
View attachment 13263

This one is a real corn burner.
Bro I was gonna post this! They have other not so mouth scorching as this one but it is SOOOOO GOOD!

If you like a hotter sauce that has a GREAT flavor try this one. It is AWESOME! I have a buddy from work that is from Trinidad. We used to go after work every once in a while to try a restaurant with a super hot challenge food. The Buffalo wild wings blazin challenge was nothing for us. Hottest stuff I ever ate? If you are ever in DFW try Oni Ramen in Deep Ellum. get the Reaper ramen. Lit me up! My pal ate it and sweat but never stopped.

Matouk's Hot Calypso Hot Sauce​

As for Crystal and LHS, both are descent I prefer Tapatio or Valentina.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic