Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Louisiana Hot Sauce

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Found a new one I’ve never seen and found a new favorite. But it’s not good on everything.
At Gettysburg bike week we hit the Moes Sould food truck. Catfish and red beans and rice. And the best crab cakes ever.
Old Bay hot sauce.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Found a new one I’ve never seen and found a new favorite. But it’s not good on everything.
At Gettysburg bike week we hit the Moes Sould food truck. Catfish and red beans and rice. And the best crab cakes ever.
Old Bay hot sauce.

I’ve been wanting to try this. I love old bay seasoning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
That stuff is pretty good. Damn near perfect seasoning for a Bloody Mary, also goes great on seafood you are looking to spice up. It’s not very hot, but good flavor.
Exactly. It’s killer on catfish and the crab cakes. I just tried it on home made tacos. Not so friendly on beef. But I’d do it again. Lol.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
That stuff is pretty good. Damn near perfect seasoning for a Bloody Mary, also goes great on seafood you are looking to spice up. It’s not very hot, but good flavor.

I’ve always loved the seasoning on shrimp. I bet this sauce would be amazing on them.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
We don't get much Old Bay seasoning out here in Cali, lol. I know it's big on the east coast, like Maine, where there is a lot of seafood, etc. I'm gonna try it out in the future. Man, got a new excitement for hot sauces all of a sudden. LOL.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
We don't get much Old Bay seasoning out here in Cali, lol. I know it's big on the east coast, like Maine, where there is a lot of seafood, etc. I'm gonna try it out in the future. Man, got a new excitement for hot sauces all of a sudden. LOL.

They literally change everything lol. Especially in prep. I’ve been putting them on everything

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
They literally change everything lol. Especially in prep. I’ve been putting them on everything

Yea, the wife usually has some sort of homemade chile around, so i've just used those a lot. I'm pretty simple, though. I like a few of the taco sauces in the store depending on what I am eating. I like La Victoria salsa on a few things, and a few others, but they are only a fit for a few things....like the Taco bell sauces as well, lol. A lot of hot sauces i'm pretty picky on though. A lot of the mexican hot sauces are meh to me, at least the more common ones like Tapatio, Huichol, Tabaasco, etc. I do like Valentina somewhat. Frank's is meh, dependin g on what I eat.

It seems they are all fairly the same, but what makes some better than others is the amount of salt, vinegar, and garlic in them....etc. lol.

Gonna branch ojut and start trying new ones now. I usually stick with what works and I like, but maybe i found a new hobby, haha.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Yea, the wife usually has some sort of homemade chile around, so i've just used those a lot. I'm pretty simple, though. I like a few of the taco sauces in the store depending on what I am eating. I like La Victoria salsa on a few things, and a few others, but they are only a fit for a few things....like the Taco bell sauces as well, lol. A lot of hot sauces i'm pretty picky on though. A lot of the mexican hot sauces are meh to me, at least the more common ones like Tapatio, Huichol, Tabaasco, etc. I do like Valentina somewhat. Frank's is meh, dependin g on what I eat.

It seems they are all fairly the same, but what makes some better than others is the amount of salt, vinegar, and garlic in them....etc. lol.

Gonna branch ojut and start trying new ones now. I usually stick with what works and I like, but maybe i found a new hobby, haha.

That’s a big reason I like the slap ya mama sauces. Flavor is much different. Cholula is prob one of my fav Mexican ones

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
agree with a lot of the postings.... to me... vinegar forward hot sauces are a waist... take a minute and blend the right ingrediants and you don't need the acid forward taste

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
sriracha is my goto but I've got maybe a couple of dozen bottles of hot sauce, whenever I see something new especially asshole melters I can't resist lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic