Latest Member
Kiddorism

Louis Simmons Passed

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
A legend died. He just converted himself to the ranks of the Iron Gods. Go raise some hell up in there, Louie!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Powerlifting has lost a true larger then life legend.

Rest in Power Louie

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Louis Simmons, in my opinion, could be said as the most influential icon in powerlifting over the years. The list of successful lifters and recognized people in the whole fitness industry that have links or were touched by Louis is just unreal. He will be missed. Definitely a loss to the industry. RIP

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Louis Simmons, in my opinion, could be said as the most influential icon in powerlifting over the years. The list of successful lifters and recognized people in the whole fitness industry that have links or were touched by Louis is just unreal. He will be missed. Definitely a loss to the industry. RIP
Pretty sure that is the unanimous opinion, hawkeye.

I caught genetic freak's OP when it was still warm, wanted to say something, decided to take a moment and process this news. Tried to think of any one man who influenced bodybuilding as much as Louie did PL, and I couldn't. Names like Weider and Arnold came up, but they are two men, they had a great supporting cast over the years, and neither Arnold nor Weider was there at the very beginning.

Louie was there at the dawn of PL. First as a fan, then a competitor who never quite was a world champion but who nevertheless was "Elite" in 5 weight classes ... then as a coach and mentor who grew alongside the sport for all these years. Who else in any sport, or other endeavor, can be called "most influential icon"?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Pretty sure that is the unanimous opinion, hawkeye.

I caught genetic freak's OP when it was still warm, wanted to say something, decided to take a moment and process this news. Tried to think of any one man who influenced bodybuilding as much as Louie did PL, and I couldn't. Names like Weider and Arnold came up, but they are two men, they had a great supporting cast over the years, and neither Arnold nor Weider was there at the very beginning.

Louie was there at the dawn of PL. First as a fan, then a competitor who never quite was a world champion but who nevertheless was "Elite" in 5 weight classes ... then as a coach and mentor who grew alongside the sport for all these years. Who else in any sport, or other endeavor, can be called "most influential icon"?
Well said brother.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Huge loss for lifting and lifters everywhere. RIP Louis.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic