Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Lou Ferrigno vs Flavio Baccianini

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Anyone remember that cheesy workout program on ESPN that Shawn Ray and Boyer Coe had? I enjoyed listening to Boyer, he was pretty smart guy when it came to workout routines....

Ha ha yes it was called Flex magazine workout , I had a copy of this episode on video at one time . Jim Quinn was a monster and his training partner was on gladiators I believe NPC competitor Billy Smith , those guys moved some weight in the gym also .

Last edited by a moderator:
kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Always liked Big Lou...my brother and i got our first weight set in the late 70,s from a weight lifting shop in Brooklyn run and owned by Lous parents..

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The local pizza shop was closed down and I think Lou ate him after the show :bbq:

HDH

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Flavio was a machine in the gym, never took off except for a few weeks during the year. Worked out 7 days a week. This was back when guys took very little juice and actually lifted in the gym and watched what they ate....

I trained at the same gym as Flavio when the Flavio/Ferrigno pose down happened. Chris Duffy (yes THAT Chris Duffy) coached me and had me doing a lot more cardio and eating a lot more. Had Chris not helped me I would have gone to Flavio. Both Chris an Flavio convinced me to up my cardio. They both wanted me doing an hour a day at 12 weeks, then 2 hours a day every day from 10 weeks out. They both advocated more. More cardio, more food (nearly 4k calories a day) and more gear. Actually, Flavio never talked to me about gear, but Chris got me up to 2.5 k mgs of gear a week, which I, at the time, thought was insane. They both knew how to use diuretics properly (there was a formula...it was safe, when guys died it was because they were using way, way more than they should,). Chris gave me the formula that all the So cal pros (Flex Wheeler, etc.). It started 11 days out and was based upon gradually titrating compounds. Chris said the Germans started 30 days out and considered US BB's as pussies.

In any event, Flavio was always very nice and approachable.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic