Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lou Ferrigno hammers Flex Wheeler on facebook

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I think he's posting that old stuff because there's a whole new generation of fans asking to see those pictures because it blows their minds the same way it did ours when we first saw them . I'll never forget the famous Yates black and white off season photo shoot with his socks on and personally I'll never get tired of the old shots of Yates to this day they inspire me and hold fond memories .
Thanks to social media people have a greater appreciation of physiques like Platz , Mentzer , Viator etc than I can ever remember and there's even a movement today to recreate what they term the " golden era " physiques .

Hadn't thought about it like that. Good insight.

And yeah I had saved that issue of FLEX magazine with those pics for the longest time but somehow I don't have it anymore.

Casca

Casca

Mar 30, 2014
Lou trying to boost sales, oh louie......

Casca

The Green Machine

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I used to love that the magazines posted pics of Yates actually training , before him the the pros would be oiled up using weights anyone could lift for photo shoot purposes . Yates changed that he wore customised ripped up Golds gym t-shirts or tattered T Michael tops with baggies and bandanas drenched in sweat he looked the real deal , those pictures used to get me salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs at the prospect of my next workout he represented the hard core in the trenches look we all admired and aspired to . Remember the pictures of him training with Mike Mentzer in Golds Venice he was wearing baggies crudely cut into shorts just below the knees exposing his cows for calves here was a Mr Olympia for the first time who had tattoos looked rough and hailed from a grim dungeon gym in England he was almost the antithesis of the California bodybuilding ideal yet singlehandedly he changed the blueprint of what a bodybuilder should be .

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
The first photo, during health problems, is when you wear baggy sweat shirts and smash cameras.

Lou is still traumatized by the treatment he recieved from Arnold. Get over it.

D

Dropitpj

Jul 12, 2015
Dude I agree, I have him on Twitter and he posts so many old pics of himself that it looks like it's actual a fan page instead of his official one.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic