Looking for your thoughts on this...

Discussion in 'General Powerlifting Discussion' started by FLEXjs, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Snake

Snake VIP Member

May 1, 2011

2. porky little keg

porky little keg TID Board Of Directors

May 21, 2011
    There's a LOT in your area....
    Ken Wheatham is an hour away on Oshawa and he knows his stuff. That's about the distance I drive 4x a week to train with my team.
    Or, you're only 3 hours from Detroit Barbell. You could easily make a once or twice a month trip across the border to learn from Clay. He's one of the best coaches in powerlifting right now.

Also, all of these.... http://ontariopowerlifting.org/Clubs.html

rawdeal and FLEXjs like this.
  3. FLEXjs

FLEXjs TID Board Of Directors

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Although those places are too long of a commute to train at on a daily basis, I'll look into some for weekends or something.

Oshawa is an hour away maybe at 3am on a Sunday. LOL Any other time a normal human would be driving it's a nightmare commute. Clear across Toronto on the 401. Yikes. Could easily take 2-3 hours one way any given weekday.

We did go to Hercules Gym in Syracuse in March for an afternoon and we plan on doing that again soon. I think that is about a 3 hours drive, maybe 3.5.

4. porky little keg

porky little keg TID Board Of Directors

May 21, 2011
    Yeah, training with Rheta is definitely worth that drive!

To put it in perspective, I train with a world class crew and for a year I still made monthly trips to either the Sweatt Shop or Westside ( and a few week-long trips as well) ...... that's 6-7 hours each way once a month.
    I know it's a lot to do, but to get me from top 5 to the #1 spot for the year it was worth it.
    When I'm healthy enough to push I'll start doing it again.