Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Looking for some help getting started

D

Dakota0124

May 8, 2018
Alright I'm sure I'm beatin a dead horse here, but like the title says. I'll provide a little backstory, before I joined the army in 2013 I used to lift a lot, completely fell off it when I got in, fast forward to 2018 and I'm now deployed to Afghanistan with nothing to do In my free time, so I'm looking to get back into it.

So does anyone have anything to recommend, the gym here is kind of lacking so hardly any machines...ide prefer a 5 day routine just to give me something to do...I'm naturally skinny and have always had a hard time putting on weight and my work schedule is 1am to 9am so I always miss dinner, would a mass gainer help to supplement those missed calories? I'm haveing a much harder time getting back into it than I did in my younger days.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to TID Dakota. A good way to start out could be a canned program that takes away the "what do I do for how many reps" question. So take a look at 5/3/1. It's a solid beginner program and won't shoot your calorie requirements thru the roof. So you will build some muscle and get waaaaay stronger with a bit less food.

D

Dakota0124

May 8, 2018
Welcome to TID Dakota. A good way to start out could be a canned program that takes away the "what do I do for how many reps" question. So take a look at 5/3/1. It's a solid beginner program and won't shoot your calorie requirements thru the roof. So you will build some muscle and get waaaaay stronger with a bit less food.
Alright I'll take a look at it thanks for the recommendation

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Mess hall still have peanut butter cups and hard boiled eggs? I would snag a handful and use those to supplement diet. Also, don't know what your PX or AAFES access looks like, but could pickup some cheap protein or protein bars to throw in the mix. Have to get creative with both diet and training.

D

Dakota0124

May 8, 2018
Mess hall still have peanut butter cups and hard boiled eggs? I would snag a handful and use those to supplement diet. Also, don't know what your PX or AAFES access looks like, but could pickup some cheap protein or protein bars to throw in the mix. Have to get creative with both diet and training.
Yeah I grab a handful or hard boiled eggs every morning but I always miss one meal a day pretty much...PX has a lot actually I was pretty surprised, got the basics, protein, creatine and bcaas which I've never used but figured why not...and I've been useing protein bars as my kind of inbetween meals snack

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Eat as many fucking eggs as you can stuff in. If you cant get access to real food protein powders and 2% milk will suffice.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic