Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

looking for pointers/suggestions

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Hey folks I'm new here and I am just looking for some opinions and advice on my diet. First off ill give you some stats.
6'1 235 pounds bf is around 20% just a guess at bf though

I travel for work and its hard to be creative and disciplined at times however I've managed this now for over a week. My goal is to drop down to around 10-12% by October to have a good low % to bulk on this winter. As I get older I find that I can't eat anything I want and stay lean lol. If you need more info ill post it.

Training is 4-5 days a week minimal cardio less than 30 minutes a week my routines are pretty traditional lately as I've added heavy dead lifting and heavy squats back in to my routine.
Day 1 chest/tris
Day 2 legs abs
Day 3 shoulders
Day 4 back/biceps
Day 5 cardio maybe hit a certain muscle group again

Heres my diet I switch up meats and carb sources a lot just to keep the variety so I don't lose interest.

Meal 1 25 grams gnc protein with 1/4 cup oats and flax seed

Meal 2 4-8 ounces deli sliced turkey on a flat out flax wrap (100 calories no sugar no fats) maybe tuna or roast beef with mustard to taste and a pickle or veggies

Meal 3 same as meal 2 with a serving of almonds and some muenster cheese

Meal 4 vanilla Greek yogurt plain (sometimes vanilla which has some sugar) add some flax or a little granola and frozen blueberries

Meal 5 preworkout 25 grams gnc protein with 1/4 cup oats and I have the exact same shake immediately after my workout

Meal 6 2 flat out flax wraps with 8-10 oz of turkey/ or something from the deli that's healthy chicken or roast beef....and some muenster cheese. Or ill have grilled chicken or a lean sirloin.

Sometimes if I'm hungry before bed ill have a plain dannon Greek yogurt.

Let me know if you think this diet is proper for my goals. I'll add that in this first week I can see a big difference in the mirror I don't know about weight I never worry about that though I trust the mirror.

Thanks,
Danrojigga

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
U like flax huh...lol. Looks good bro, low in carbs, may raise ur Protein source some. And id do cardio more than once a week.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Well your diet looks ok, but its a bit haphazzard in some places you need to be sure about the protein you get PER meal and make sure its quality protein, meats, eggs, fish, protein powders etc...
Saying things like "sometimes" I have this meal here and there etc...points to a need to be more precise about what you eat exactly each day its not rocket science but it is science and you need to adjust the diet in terms of quality protein and consistency.
Also maybe I missed it but are you trying lose bodyfat or gain muscle with this diet?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Some good advice by aj.

dan what is your objectives lose bodyfat or gain muscle? Or both?

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
as they said
whats ur total cal intake...????
up ur pro some and maybe some almonds b4 bed
are u on anything??
dropping 10% will take alot more cardio then u've got posted
since u travel..i would say get some running in there and a good hotel gym with a mill
buy some ex bands that u can travel with but more info to help more

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
OK first off thanks for your replies i really appreciate them.

Goal is to lose bf and maintain as much muscle as possibile

My calorie intake has been 2200-2800 daily protein usually comes in around-the-clock 250-350 grams a day.

As far as traveling 99 time out of 100 i can find a gym my company reimburses me.
My diet was absolute shit before 4-5000 cals of Shit food typical road food
Ive developed a system that allows me to eat throughout the day whatever i pack in my cooler the night before. I go to Walmart and buy 2 lbs deli meat every night alone with flax wraps and almonds, apples, tuna and whatever else i need. Ive got a company credit card for all meals so instead of 3 meals at resteraunts which usually runs 35-50$ a day i go to walmart and spend 30-35$ and Ive got a ton of food for the next day.

I started this diet at around 235lbs last monday tonight i weighed 223 and was stronger than normal on bench and incline.

I am just finishing pct from a cycle i ended 6 weeks ago. It was 525 mg of test e. a week for 10 weeks. Very mild cycle for me but i like the KISS method.

I also take bcaa and a preworkout that has protein also multivitamin

Im seeing dramatic results but i was holding a shit load of water. I know they will slow down thats why Im here so when i hit a wall ill have ideas on what to adjust. Also starting tomorrow morning i will add 20 minutes fasted cardio 3-6 times per week.

Ps i aploigize for my typing structure but laptop is down so Im using a phone to do all of this.

Thanks again
Danrojigga

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Well Dan heres what I like to do as far as meal proteins, I have my total protein intake per day 1.5 x lean body weight (estimate if needed) once you get this number divide by total number of meals, then that number should be the amount of protein you eat per meal at every meal-every meal should contain protein.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Ok great idea and simple math i will use this formula. Im not really a newb to this but im horrible with consistency so the more feedback i get...the easier it is for me to justify what i am doing WILL pay off. I lose interest and motivation fast. I am kicking around the idea of a log with photos that would probably help me a ton. Thanks again ajdos

3J

3J

May 19, 2011
Hey folks I'm new here and I am just looking for some opinions and advice on my diet. First off ill give you some stats.
6'1 235 pounds bf is around 20% just a guess at bf though

I travel for work and its hard to be creative and disciplined at times however I've managed this now for over a week. My goal is to drop down to around 10-12% by October to have a good low % to bulk on this winter. As I get older I find that I can't eat anything I want and stay lean lol. If you need more info ill post it.

Training is 4-5 days a week minimal cardio less than 30 minutes a week my routines are pretty traditional lately as I've added heavy dead lifting and heavy squats back in to my routine.
Day 1 chest/tris
Day 2 legs abs
Day 3 shoulders
Day 4 back/biceps
Day 5 cardio maybe hit a certain muscle group again

Heres my diet I switch up meats and carb sources a lot just to keep the variety so I don't lose interest.

Meal 1 25 grams gnc protein with 1/4 cup oats and flax seed
up your oats to half a cup and try to eat real food.. shakes are not cool.. your trying to drop weight you want your metabolism to be working hard
Meal 2 4-8 ounces deli sliced turkey on a flat out flax wrap (100 calories no sugar no fats) maybe tuna or roast beef with mustard to taste and a pickle or veggies
deli turkey is full of preservatives and processed.. you can do it but keep it in moderation.. what kind of bread are you using?? i recommend ezekiel bread or whole wheat bread that is not enriched
Meal 3 same as meal 2 with a serving of almonds and some muenster cheese
eating the same thing all day everyday leads to food born allergies.. not recommended
Meal 4 vanilla Greek yogurt plain (sometimes vanilla which has some sugar) add some flax or a little granola and frozen blueberries
you really need to evenly divide your protein throughout the day.. there isn't enough here
Meal 5 preworkout 25 grams gnc protein with 1/4 cup oats and I have the exact same shake immediately after my workout
the pwo shake drop the oats for half a white bagel, you want an insulin spike pwo
Meal 6 2 flat out flax wraps with 8-10 oz of turkey/ or something from the deli that's healthy chicken or roast beef....and some muenster cheese. Or ill have grilled chicken or a lean sirloin.
carbs before bed lower gh production overnight.. also you want your last meal to be a slow digesting protein.. lean beef is king here
Sometimes if I'm hungry before bed ill have a plain dannon Greek yogurt.
greeek yogurt is a slow digesting protein.. good stuff
Let me know if you think this diet is proper for my goals. I'll add that in this first week I can see a big difference in the mirror I don't know about weight I never worry about that though I trust the mirror.

Thanks,
Danrojigga

do you know how to figure out your bmr/tdee?? look in the diet section you'll see my free diet advice thread.. in the first post you will find two formulas for bmr.. it explains how to do it..

go ahead and figure out your bmr/tdee

also, where are the greens in your diet?? the diet is not balanced.. i would add some fruit.. some beans.. some greens.. essential fatty acids arn't there either.. theres alot of work that needs to be done to this diet

also, take what your eating right now and input it into fiday.com.. come back to me with the results..

we'll get you fixed right up!!!

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
^^^nice
i would throw in some brocc or cauli in there to help keep u regular without the cal buildup...free foods.....the worse thing that u can say i eat is a banana and its not that bad....as AJ said spread out that protein....if u feel like just some fruit as a snack throw some kind of pro in there...i do jerky...
props on what u have done so far....it can only get better if u tweak what ur doing
do what 3J posted and get back to us.
diet and how u line it up is whats gonna get u to ur goal....

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Wow guys this is great i appreciate the help Im going to switch some this up and get back with u guys after i visit that site. I cant tonight an intense key workout is demanding i go to sleep LOL. Thanks again

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic