pbtom
What's New?

Loggin Time

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Be careful and rebound slowly.

Great workout!!! Just be patient and let your body mend.

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Finally back, sorry fellas i have not been around much. Got over my sickness a couple weeks ago and last week i finally felt good in the gym. weight closing in on 210 but consistently about 208.

Thinking about maybe a local competition this fall. I know there are a lot of guys stronger than me at my weight. What do you guys think is a good amount of weight to cut down to. I could get down to 198 fairly easy. Would it be worth going lower than that or would I decrease in strength too much?

Monday 2-9-15
ME Over head press (worked up to 6X2 with top set at 165, did 1X8 with 135 after)
-tricep pushdowns (on the assited pull up station, the platform where you put your knees a put a med. ball on it and pushed it down, caught it on the way back up, repeat)
-Straight arm pulldowns and face pulls
-Rear delt flys
-DB shoulder press with rotation (arnolds?)
-chest flys on pec deck

Tuesday
ME Rack pull deadlift. (Had it set up about upper shin ~3" below knee. Worked up to a single of 485, was a tough one but i nailed it)
-Hamsting curls then straight into box jumps after sets.
-seated calve raises

Wed- off

Thursday-
DE Bench- 3 different grips 3X3 narrow, 3X3 med, 3X3 wide(not overly wide, index finger on the smooth part of bar) blue bands ~ 80-100lbs tension at top. top set was 225 with blue bands, felt very good this day
-bent over rows
-rope pulls
-tricep push downs
-chest flys

Friday
DE boxsquat and deadlift (squat 10X2 at 315 with approx 80-100 lbs tension at top then 2X8 with just 315, deadlift was speed dead, light weight(225) lower back was still tight as hell after rack pulls)
-seated calf raises
-hamsting curls
was pretty beat after this workout, squats were brutal

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Glad to see your back and feeling better. That 485 pull is damn sick brother, kudos!

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Glad to see your back and feeling better. That 485 pull is damn sick brother, kudos!

Ya i am happy i am feeling good again. The rack pulls are great, my back is one of my weaker points on the deadlift so that extra weight really helps build strength. Back to deficit deads to work on the lower part of the lift.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic