Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Loggin Time

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Im in limbo rite now, been seeing what works. I'll probably stick with 5-3-1 since I've had good results, I'll figure it out in next couple wks. I look forward to some friendly competition! Eat big, lift big, GET BIG!

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Im in limbo rite now, been seeing what works. I'll probably stick with 5-3-1 since I've had good results, I'll figure it out in next couple wks. I look forward to some friendly competition! Eat big, lift big, GET BIG!

What injury are you dealing with?
5-3-1 is a good program. I like how much variation the conjugate lets you throw in. Each week is a "new lift". I look forward to some great competition as well. Get healed up and crush some PR's in 2015

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
What injury are you dealing with?
5-3-1 is a good program. I like how much variation the conjugate lets you throw in. Each week is a "new lift". I look forward to some great competition as well. Get healed up and crush some PR's in 2015

Spine fused couple years ago and pinched nerve causing shoulder pain when benching. Mostly doing pullovers and pushups now for chest. I hope we drive each other to new pr's!

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Spine fused couple years ago and pinched nerve causing shoulder pain when benching. Mostly doing pullovers and pushups now for chest. I hope we drive each other to new pr's!

Wow sounds like a serious operation. Hope it is all healing up well now. How long is the pinched nerve going to cause pain?

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Wow sounds like a serious operation. Hope it is all healing up well now. How long is the pinched nerve going to cause pain?

It's been 2 years since surgery, I'll never be %100 but I'm not complaining.

Pinched nerve comes and goes, benching with bb bothers it but db's are fine. Make sure you stay safe and healthy brother!

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Pretty good week. No spotter on bench so i could have probably squeezed out another full rep but still a good workout. work schedule change just a bit so that and more people in the gym this time of year has pushed me to going pretty early in the a.m. (4:30ish) Kinda feel like that has hampered me this week but not totally. I will adjust and the early work wont last forever. Everything else seems good. no hang ups and just trying to crush it every day in there.
Nutrition is good. at or close to ~1.5 g protein / lb bodyweight.

Monday 1-5-15
ME bench-Pin Press (worked up to heavy singles)
-tricep pushdowns (on the assited pull up station, the platform where you put your knees a put a med. ball on it and pushed it down, caught it on the way back up, repeat)
-Straight arm pulldowns and face pulls
-Rear delt flys
-chest flys on pec deck

Tuesday
ME Deadlift (conventional stance, worked up to 5 heavy singles. then after last did a set of 5 with sumo stance)
-one legged leg press
-seated calve raises
-Hip adductor and abductor

Wed- off

Thursday-
DE Bench- med grip with blue bands(double up bands)
-bent over rows
-seated rows
-tricep push downs
-chest flys

Friday
DE lower- normal stance box squat with blue bands, speed dead lifts(conventional)
-Seated hamstring curls, (explosive curl and slowly bring up to starting position)
-seated calf raises
-lunges

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
So far so good this week. Working more reps this week so far. Feels good working heavy double and triples, it also helps work mobility, which i especially need in my hips. I will probably stay on more doubles and triples through next week, then go back to heavy singles for my Max Effort days. Dynamic Effort days are always sets of doubles or triples to work on speed. Enough rambling, now on to the meat.

Monday 1-12-15
ME bench-regular( worked up to 4 sets of 3 reps. Went for an extra set at the end but only got a double at 295 lbs...so 4X3 and 1X2)
-tricep pushdowns (on the assited pull up station, the platform where you put your knees a put a med. ball on it and pushed it down, caught it on the way back up, repeat)
-Straight arm pulldowns and face pulls
-Rear delt flys
-Deep wide grip dips

Tuesday
ME Squat (as wide as i can go in the rack. worked up to 4X3 heavy wide stance, last sets was wide and 1X2. final set was 1X8 at 225 to stretch out and get some hypertrophy)
-seated calve raises
-Straight leg deads
-Front squats 3X6 med weight, ass to heels

Wed- off

I felt real good going that wide on squats, kinda hard to get down to parallel but i made it happen. Hips get a lot of work in this position.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
You have a good week going, keep building on that!

Im a wide squatter and my hips were wrecked for about a wk after my last pr. I started to put conventional in this wk and will build on it. Do you always squat wide and how about for dl?

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
You have a good week going, keep building on that!

Im a wide squatter and my hips were wrecked for about a wk after my last pr. I started to put conventional in this wk and will build on it. Do you always squat wide and how about for dl?

Squat stance is wider than narrow, just a bit wider than my shoulder width, dead lift is conventional. I like the wide variations though to build strength in weak areas( my hips) i figure building up wide stance strength will only help my normal stance lifts.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice work dude!

Can't wait to follow your progress!

What weights are you using on bench squats and dead lifts?

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Nice work dude!

Can't wait to follow your progress!

What weights are you using on bench squats and dead lifts?

The weight varies each Max Effort (ME) day. I do the most i can physically do that day for that particular lift.( for singles usually around 95ish % for double and triples i am somehwere between 85-92%)

On Dynamic Effort (DE) days it varies from 50%-60% with addition to 15%-25% extra with band tension (totaling up to 85% of maxes)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic