Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Log Lifting

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Hanni hit the nail on the head with the leaning back.We have a guy at the garage that is an excellent oly lifter.He has struggled a bit transitioning to the log press because of the leaning back .He is constantly leaning forward and losing the log .

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Well I tried and came up short. I am too weak to do the comp, I log press just about exactly what I press. About 210. Well I will definately be ready next year. I find the log is more overall strength, and getting it to the chest is easier than a regular barbell, but the press is tougher. Pretty good measure of pressing power. I almost got 220, needed 250 to bother even trying the comp, definately try next year.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Nice try bro, well keep trying, it takes time to master, like i said I got 255 and it took awhile, this isn't a standard easy shoulder press. Better luck next time.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm not a technical type person but I dont think it is stressful on the bi's. It does butt up to your chest and you hands are in a different position.I definetly use much more tricep in the press.I am a bit of a rare case but i log press more than I do axle .My regular bar press is about 40 pounds higher than both.Mind you I am a presser not a jerker lol.

On the axle, you should look how to push jerk. It would make your life MUCH easier. That's more of an Olympic lift though but I have seen some SM do it and it's much easier to put more weight up.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
I have over a year before the next comp, been working out seriously since only November, gained about 60 lbs, next year I will be so much stronger.

Nice work on 255, that number has a whole new meaning to me now, it's alot more intimidating being under that log than I thought it'd be. I seen that you are a tank in them pics you've put up, and I was pretty naive to think I'd get 250.

Strongman looks like it's for me, I'll need to get alot bigger, I'm 235 at 6'2" still looking more like a baseball player than a strongman. I'll get there.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Once you work with the log it will become more natural to you.This sport is alot of fun .It is constantly challenging and always changing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic