Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

LK's Second pork shoulder

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I was hoping this was a smoker thread. lol. Rarely, have I ever enjoyed the taste of pork by itself but I love the preparation and process. I'll do pulled pork, stuff like that. I cook them to 160 internal and then wrap them until they hit at least 195 or as far as 200 or so.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I was hoping this was a smoker thread. lol. Rarely, have I ever enjoyed the taste of pork by itself but I love the preparation and process. I'll do pulled pork, stuff like that. I cook them to 160 internal and then wrap them until they hit at least 195 or as far as 200 or so.
This is a smoker thread, cooked this for a little over 8 hours in my smoker.

For a grill I have a big ass Weber :)

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I've got a couple smokers. I made my own wood burner years ago and I love sitting out cooking all day with some cold beers. A few years back I got a cookshack pg500 pellet smoker/grill. That thing was amazing just flip the switch and set the temp and go about your day. I sold it recently but picked up a pit boss pro 820 from lowes and its not as well built but works great. Just did a brisket last weekend. One of my favorite things to smoke is the whole logs of breakfast sausage. You can slice it and it on it all week makes for a quick breakfast. Smoking meat is one of my passions along with fishing.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Damn that sounds freaking good @danrojigga need to try that. Anyone try sticking a mozzarella in a smoker? Wasn't sure if it would melt or not on low.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
The cookshack I had had a warming tray in it. I would place cheese on a cookie cooling rack over a tray of ice and smoke cheese on it. My new smoker probably gets too hot. If you're on Facebook look up the page "how to bbq right" that dude will teach you a lot. He has a YouTube channel as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic