Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Liver Tabs recommended by my doctor

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
I will be AMAZED if you notice anything at all from these the liver tabs idea came and went in the 80's my friend, please keep us posted as to your results.

Deer antler, etc.....

Ok...You're old (like me)...:)...The desiccated liver tab fad was HUGE in the late 70's and early 80's which is right around the time Draper was still competing (if memory serves me right)...There were articles all over the BB magazines promoting this supplement (just like the creatine and cell-tech ads of a decade or so later)...Anyway, maybe this latest stuff is "new and improved", but I wouldn't expect much from them compared to some of the other "supplements" we can get that we KNOW work...Good luck...

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I would imagine that the benefits you're feeling vs some others experience could be attributed to you being deficient in something that this is now giving you, while others are naturally complete there.

I just found out I cannot process folic acid with some genetic test mo I dip into anemia often, and have issues with digestive absorption as well, I imagine these could help a bit. but poultry liver makes me so sick, doesn't seem to matter whether I know it's there or not prior to eating, throwing up liver is not pleasant. So I would be a bit nervous

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I would imagine that the benefits you're feeling vs some others experience could be attributed to you being deficient in something that this is now giving you, while others are naturally complete there.

I just found out I cannot process folic acid with some genetic test mo I dip into anemia often, and have issues with digestive absorption as well, I imagine these could help a bit. but poultry liver makes me so sick, doesn't seem to matter whether I know it's there or not prior to eating, throwing up liver is not pleasant. So I would be a bit nervous

5-Methyltetrahydrofolate has been shown as a efficacious alternative to folic acid, it has been shown to increase folate biomarkers.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I started taking liver tabs again when the dr said I was anemic. Then they told me to stop because my iron and B12 were too high

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
I will be AMAZED if you notice anything at all from these the liver tabs idea came and went in the 80's my friend, please keep us posted as to your results.

Deer antler, etc.....
hahaha yep yep smilax and deer antler = ray lewis & mitch R

raise the cow yourself
pump it full of gh/aas and u might feel something

todays diets are so much more than just 20 yrs ago

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I used the Beverly Ultra 40s extensively when I was natural. It was a good source of lean protein when trying to eat clean and keep your carbs under control. I don't think there is anything magic about beef liver tabs. But when you're natural you want to make clean gains, because when subsequently dieting down, you tend to more easily go catabolic, and you lose those precious gains that are so hard to obtain in the first place.

When dieting down for a contest, I took 6 of these tabs with every meal (6 meals X 6 tabs was 36 each day), and since I was so hungry, I'd chew them, which helped me mentally, as I had a snack to eat. I felt it hardened me up a bit, and so had its place. If you're not training natural, you don't have to be so careful in gaining, as you can cut without so easily going catabolic, IMO.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I have been using Liver Tabs since the early eighties. Different brands over the years, but the last 8 or 10 it's been Solgar. My liver tests always show up in the good range. Not saying it's the liver tabs, but I have done a lot of juice in thirty plus years.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic