lk has no balls
What's New?

Liver Function Test?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I was looking at PrivateMDLabs web site to get a liver function test ordered. I found this one:

***start ***
Liver Function Profile - (QUEST DIAGNOSTICS)

Description:
The Liver Function Profile (Hepatic Function Panel) is a comprehensive panel that assesses functional health of the liver. Abnormal results may indicate liver damage or hepatitis infection.

Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Alternative Names(s):
Hepatic Function Panel (7)

Includes:
Alanine aminotransferase (ALT/SGPT); albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; aspartate aminotransferase (AST/SGOT); bilirubin, direct; bilirubin, total; protein, total, serum

***end***

But in my last labs they tested for:
Albumin
Globulin
Albumin/Globulin Ratio
Bilirubin, Total
Alkaline Phosphatase
AST
ALT

I wonder if ALT is the same as the ALT/SGPT? I assume so. Does anyone know here?

Thanks in advance.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I believe so, but I am not 100% sure. I get bloods done on base and by the VA. Each one has different names for tests/results, so I usually have to look them up.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hope this helps

"An ALT test measures the level of alanine aminotransferase, also called ALT or SGPT. ALT is one of the enzymes that help the liver convert food into energy. High levels of these enzymes can be a sign that the liver is injured or irritated, and the enzymes are leaking out of the liver cells."

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic