Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lisinopril Ace inhibitor?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I've read that some (Beta) Blood Pressure Med's make it hard to workout????

I was just put on Lisinopril (Ace inhibitor) for High Blood Pressure. I have been as high as 160/110, but normally seem to sit around 130/90'ish. Of course being who I am. I research the crap out of Lisinopril and it's sides and how it works. But I'm not a Doctor and still a little confused.

I know I need my Blood pressure lower and this may help. But I have to watch what Supplements I can take. I read that Pre-Workout Supplements are out now and even Creatine and Whey Protein should be limited. But then I read ACE-Inhibitors Raise nitric oxide levels and that L-Arginine works well with ACE-Inhibitors....

Also read a couple of studies that ACE-Inhibitors help with Fat Lose while mainting muscles...

So I know it sucks having High BP, but I'm trying to look at the bright side here. Will the ACE-Inhibitors help me in the Gym aswell?

Also what Bodybuilding Supplements are safe with this?

Creatine
Whey Protein
nutrient partitioner like Glycobol
N.O. Boosters without Stims

Last edited:
Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
INteresting stuff Ramrod for sure!! I'm on the same medication that is a lisnopril/diuretic combo (10/12.5) , cuz at the time my doctor was debating on whether to give it to me or not as my BP was 145/93. But he ordered a blood test for my kidneys to make sure they were okay before giving it to me. He said that as long as the top number was under 140 and the bottom number under 90 then that's all he wanted as I'm 5'7 was weighing 235 at around 13-14% BF.

I can see why to much protein, Creatine and some preworkout/stims would affect kidneys if on this drug, hell I wonder if taking Tren Ace would exacerbate anything bad going on if it was going on. This is something I'm going to research more cuz if I have to take this drug for the rest of my life, then I want my kidneys to stay safe!!

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I hope we can get some good answers here because that's a great question. I'm on it now and I'm researching so we will see what I can come up with. If I get anything good I will post here.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I'm looking into Glycobol from AI and NO InFuse from LG. I have a bottle of Glycobol on the way now. I'm going to log and review it. I'll have Blood Pressure Readings through out the day logged there. The NO InFuse from LG is a NO Booster thats a transdermal. I think and I'm not sure, but ACE-Inhibitors are ok to take with NO Boosters. As long as there are no Stims. Most nowadays are packed with them.

One link I found. There are others, but are blocked from work. I can't open them.

Compatibility Of Lisinopril With L-arginine | LIVESTRONG.COM

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic