Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Liniments...Ben Gay..Tiger Balm???

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
If you like toast, you should try red hot. Toast has only 3% capsaicin, but Red Hot has 4.95% of capsaicin in it.

Red Hot:
Cramer Red Hot Analgesic Ointment

When I played high school sports, we had tubs of Cramergesic, Atom Balm, and a large tube of Red Hot. I remember we would often use the Cramer and Atom Balm before athletic events. One day I decided to try the Red Hot....I've never used it since. I remember that stuff almost made me cry. I might give Toast a try, but even after 20yrs I'm still a little scared of the Red Hot!

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
There is a Rx product out there with an NSAID as an active ingredient and DMSO as the carrier. It is very efffective, but you have to be careful with it due to the DMSO. It is for sore muscles/joints.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
When I played high school sports, we had tubs of Cramergesic, Atom Balm, and a large tube of Red Hot. I remember we would often use the Cramer and Atom Balm before athletic events. One day I decided to try the Red Hot....I've never used it since. I remember that stuff almost made me cry. I might give Toast a try, but even after 20yrs I'm still a little scared of the Red Hot!

Well, they have changed the ingredients of red hot and it's no longer as hot as it used to be. In fact I've given away the last tub of it I bought.

I'm using screaming toast now. It's plenty hot and it seems to have a better carrier to.

Here's the link for screaming toast: http://www.ideazbrands.com/product4.html

Here's all the products they offer: http://www.ideazbrands.com/athletes.html

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
I was not going to say a word on this, but I better because some of you cats (males) and kittens (females) are going down the same avenue that this blonde did:

Approximately two years ago this cute young blonde played volleyball, basketball, and fast pitch softball. Healthy and beautiful; so one would think.

Well this blonde had the habit of using B-Gay or Asp-cream or T-Balm after all her sporting events. And eventually she died! Her autopsy showed blood poisoning along with renal failure.

What happened was that, that cream or that cream or that cream had gotten into her blood system via her skin and unfortunately she died.

Now I am not preaching here, but simply making you all aware of the serious hazards of using these creams long term.

Let me add this. I am Old School and proud of it. If something in my body isn’t ripped or broken then I do what Sgt. Barnes said in the movie Platoon, “Take the pain. TAKE THE PAIN!”

If you all want an Old School remedy that really works try Castor Oil. Take some in your palm of your hand and rub it into your elbow or knee. Then put a neo-sleeve on your elbow or knee. Sleep with the neo-sleeve on and in the morning your elbow or knee is going to feel fantastic. (This does not mean you can bench or squat heavy. Take it easy.)

BUT be aware that Castor Oil IS ALSO TOXIC with prolonged use so rub it on every once in a while.

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
rock sauce is the shit. its got menthol and capsaicin

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
.002 capsaicin, 10 percent menthol, and 20 percent methyl salicylate. stuff is pretty hot. i always have a bottle in my gym bag. its got arnica in it as well for those who believe in the homeopathic stuff

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
.002 capsaicin, 10 percent menthol, and 20 percent methyl salicylate. stuff is pretty hot. i always have a bottle in my gym bag. its got arnica in it as well for those who believe in the homeopathic stuff

The company that makes screaming toast also makes a screaming menthol that has capsaicin and menthol. I might give it a try and see if it's better than straight capsaicin.

Last edited:
H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
i like straight capsaicin, but sometimes its too much. if its even remotely hot outside straight capsaicin burns the beejesus out of me if i put it on my knees. especially when in direct sunlight

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic