Rolanalon
What's New?

lifting while pregnant

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Some valid points here :)

I train pre-natal and post women quite often. I have seen exercise during the pregnancy produce some of the most gorgeous pregnant women I have ever seen. I mean just "beautiful"..not even sexual, but just simply amazing...glowing. To me there is nothing more attractive then a fit pregnant woman.

I believe in women exercising up until the last moment and healthy diet. But also within reason. The kipping seems a bit much as does starvation. I can see how someone said it reflects on their potential to parent, because to a degree it does show "selfishness" instead of "selflessness"

What I can say is that when "we" were pregnant with my daughter our doctor advocated sex, and even rough sex. He actually claimed that not only would it not hurt the baby but in his experience regular rough sex during pregnancy produced healthier babies. This is a whole other topic..but it's kind of relative.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I said it. I guess that was passing judgment but it's my opinion. Imo doing that she is more focused on herself then the baby and in result when she has the baby maybe she will still be thinking about herself. That video makes me sick . Sorry I'm not sorry

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I am not saying women should not lift. But some exercises are to dangerous and that's when the mother needs to start thinking like a mother. This girl i know is making me sick the things she is doing while about to give birth. My anger is mostly towards her so I am coming off strong. I needed to vent

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
What did her dr say about her lifting during this time ?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
What did her dr say about her lifting during this time ?
Have no clue people ask but she does not respond. When I know her last she was dealing with eating disorders

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
My female personal trainer last year was training me the night before she was scheduled to have her c-section delivery the next morning.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
The problem with the squats and dead lifts in the 3rd trimester isn't the strain or weight lifting ,
It is when the hormone that allows your hips to widen in preparation for child birth starts flowing . And you're asking to injure yourself without the stability you normally have in your connective tissues...

I would be highly irritated by the dieting bull shit ,
But I condone lifting into late pregnancy of done correctly , and with a higher rep program

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
The problem with the squats and dead lifts in the 3rd trimester isn't the strain or weight lifting ,
It is when the hormone that allows your hips to widen in preparation for child birth starts flowing . And you're asking to injure yourself without the stability you normally have in your connective tissues...

I would be highly irritated by the dieting bull shit ,
But I condone lifting into late pregnancy of done correctly , and with a higher rep program

First off i have to comment on the kipping pullups. I think its mispelled, should be krippling pullups. She looks krippled. WTF.

DC i agree. My wife was competing when she got pregnant with our first. She continued to lift up until the week before birth. She did stop all squats and deads 4 weeks prior though so her body could adjust and prepare to birth. The other thing that bothers me more about your friend TG is the weight issue. It is absolutely more unhealthy not gaining but only 10lbs. That is really not safe for the baby or her. sounds like she is more concerned with her figure for after the birth than the safety of the child. now my wife didnt have that issue. LOL. gained 45lbs. and ate a whole friggin watermelon a day. 2nd kid it was chocolate milk and another 45lbs. thank goodness thats all over with, 18 yrs later she is still lifting and ran a full marathon in nov.

Last edited:
tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
First off i have to comment on the kipping pullups. I think its mispelled, should be krippling pullups. She looks krippled. WTF.

DC i agree. My wife was competing when she got pregnant with our first. She continued to lift up until the week before birth. She did stop all squats and deads 4 weeks prior though so her body could adjust and prepare to birth. The other thing that bothers me more about your friend TG is the weight issue. It is absolutely more unhealthy not gaining but only 10lbs. That is really not safe for the baby or her. sounds like she is more concerned with her figure for after the birth than the safety of the child. now my wife didnt have that issue. LOL. gained 45lbs. and ate a whole friggin watermelon a day. 2nd kid it was chocolate milk and another 45lbs. thank goodness thats all over with, 18 yrs later she is still lifting and ran a full marathon in nov.
Agree. People are telling her to take it easy and that she will be able to get back in shape easy after the baby but I think her eating disorder is getting the best of her. Sad. I just hope the baby is ok and she realizes after birth that now she is responsible for a living being.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
How easily she could slip off the bar and land on her back. It is definitly adding unnecessary risk for no good reason.

B

BTrek1854

Jan 6, 2015
****ing crossfit. My wife has been running since she was six years old. She is an ultra marathon runner who lifts 5 days a week. She cut her mileage by more than half and reduced the weight on most exercises. She listened to her body and her doctors. She was squatting 185 for 3 while 38 weeks pregnant. She avoided all ab exercises, laying flat, and anything that pulled on her stomach. She was able to train at such a level because of the athlete she has been her entire life-her doctors strongly recommend that woman should avoid strenuous exercises if they had never been very active prior to pregnancy. Mind you she was able to still do pull ups 5x3 . She did not post things all on Facebook, and she ate what her body asked her for- Mexican, hotdogs, butternut squash soup. She gained about 30 pounds and gave birth to our son who weighed 6.14 pounds in January of 2015, and is healthy as a horse. And now she's back to her shredded self. So basically what I am trying to say is that my wife is a beast and was very smart about her training while pregnant.

R

Ray Shannon

Sep 13, 2018
I have a facebook "friend" that is pregnant and do in 2 weeks. Still going to the gym. I'm all for staying in shape while pregnant but... she is still squatting 90 ,deadlifting 135 , jogging and she is posting pics. It gets me mad. I can see you going walking incline on treadmill. Doing arms, leg extensions, but aren't you scared about causing strain on the bady. ****ing deadlifting??? Her face is very lean and brags that she only gained 10 lbs. So she is not eating enough as well. I feel like posting something on Facebook but I restrain myself. So I will vent here. What are your thoughts?
Perrgers should not matter as long as you're careful!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic