Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Lifting is so easy for this guy, he can just take a nap in between reps

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Anybody ever been choked out before? Ever choked somebody else unconscious? Ever seen it firsthand? That was not a seizure, that was little involuntary muscle spasms that you get when blood starts flowing back through the brain again. LOL. I've seen it a thousand times, done it a few times myself, and caused people to do it hundreds of times. Not saying that he should have passed out to begin with, but the little shaking part doesn't mean he has a medical condition. Call my bluff, choke your buddy out next time you get drunk and stupid, and you'll laugh so fucking hard when he's quivering and speaking in tongues. :D

it is only 4 seconds between when he starts the lift and when he falls, not enough time to "choke out" lack of oxygen to the brain via blocking off the carotids or the trachea takes longer than 4 seconds to occur. so im still going with some sort of medical condition.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
There are tons of vids of dudes passing out on single rep lifts....its not just the lack of O2, but the massive spike in BP from the internal pressure of the lift. That's the whole purpose of slowly exhaling on the push/pull. Anyways, don't give a fuck one way or the other.....funny is funny, causation is an afterthought.

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
it is only 4 seconds between when he starts the lift and when he falls, not enough time to "choke out" lack of oxygen to the brain via blocking off the carotids or the trachea takes longer than 4 seconds to occur. so im still going with some sort of medical condition.

It takes a less than a second if you complete cut off the flow, which is very difficult to do. I've seen guys go to sleep in far less than 4 seconds, so I'm not sure where you are getting your info from. Mine is coming from ample personal experience. It all depends on how completely you are able to cut off that supply.

Not to mention, that is all a moot point, because as I said in my first post, I wasn't explaining why he passed out, just that the minor trembling he did while he was waking up wasn't a seizure.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
It takes a less than a second if you complete cut off the flow, which is very difficult to do. I've seen guys go to sleep in far less than 4 seconds, so I'm not sure where you are getting your info from. Mine is coming from ample personal experience. It all depends on how completely you are able to cut off that supply.

syncope-Syncope ( /ˈsɪŋkəpi/ sing-kə-pee) is the medical term for fainting, a sudden, usually temporary, loss of consciousness generally caused by insufficient oxygen in the brain either through cerebral hypoxia or through hypotension, but possibly for other reasons. A pre- or near-syncope is diagnosed if the individual can remember events during the loss of consciousness (i.e., reports remembering dizziness, blurred vision, and muscle weakness, and the fall previous to hitting his or her head and losing consciousness). As loss of consciousness is a symptom for a variety of conditions and syncope is difficult to rule out outside of a hospital, a thorough examination is required in order to determine the cause, including interviews with witnesses as well as evaluation with an electrocardiogram. If the individual remembers feeling dizzy and loss of vision, but not the fall, then it is considered a syncoptic episode. Typical symptoms progress through dizziness, clamminess of the skin, a dimming of vision or greyout, possibly tinnitus, complete loss of vision, weakness of limbs to physical collapse. These symptoms falling short of complete collapse, or a fall down, may be referred to as a syncoptic episode. A breathing gas containing less than 16% oxygen can still contain enough to prevent hypoxia. On the other hand, mountaineers, pilots, and astronauts breathe oxygen-enriched gas because the partial pressure of oxygen in normal air mixture is not enough to prevent hypoxia, since the total pressure is reduced at high altitude. Syncope due to hypoxia can also occur because the lungs are not working properly, because a person is not breathing, because the blood is not circulating, or because the blood's ability to transport oxygen is destroyed or blocked, e.g., by carbon monoxide, which, if present, binds itself to the blood's hemoglobin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncope_(medicine)

if he is fainting for such a silly reason, then there is probably an underlying medical condition. thats all i am saying. not arguing that he isnt fainting just that there is probably some reason medically.

Not to mention, that is all a moot point, because as I said in my first post, I wasn't explaining why he passed out, just that the minor trembling he did while he was waking up wasn't a seizure.

threads are for discussion purposes. everybody has and opinion and will state it, doesnt mean that it is necessarily against you! could be for information purposes or just because one wants to give their opinion. no need to take everything so personal :D i learn tons from these threads like this. they make me think and try and reason out things, that is a good thing! :D

(and i deal with this stuff, ie blood flow to the brain, every day. it is pretty important in animals as well you know :) )

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
syncope-Syncope ( /ˈsɪŋkəpi/ sing-kə-pee) is the medical term for fainting, a sudden, usually temporary, loss of consciousness generally caused by insufficient oxygen in the brain either through cerebral hypoxia or through hypotension, but possibly for other reasons. A pre- or near-syncope is diagnosed if the individual can remember events during the loss of consciousness (i.e., reports remembering dizziness, blurred vision, and muscle weakness, and the fall previous to hitting his or her head and losing consciousness). As loss of consciousness is a symptom for a variety of conditions and syncope is difficult to rule out outside of a hospital, a thorough examination is required in order to determine the cause, including interviews with witnesses as well as evaluation with an electrocardiogram. If the individual remembers feeling dizzy and loss of vision, but not the fall, then it is considered a syncoptic episode. Typical symptoms progress through dizziness, clamminess of the skin, a dimming of vision or greyout, possibly tinnitus, complete loss of vision, weakness of limbs to physical collapse. These symptoms falling short of complete collapse, or a fall down, may be referred to as a syncoptic episode. A breathing gas containing less than 16% oxygen can still contain enough to prevent hypoxia. On the other hand, mountaineers, pilots, and astronauts breathe oxygen-enriched gas because the partial pressure of oxygen in normal air mixture is not enough to prevent hypoxia, since the total pressure is reduced at high altitude. Syncope due to hypoxia can also occur because the lungs are not working properly, because a person is not breathing, because the blood is not circulating, or because the blood's ability to transport oxygen is destroyed or blocked, e.g., by carbon monoxide, which, if present, binds itself to the blood's hemoglobin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncope_(medicine)

if he is fainting for such a silly reason, then there is probably an underlying medical condition. thats all i am saying. not arguing that he isnt fainting just that there is probably some reason medically.

threads are for discussion purposes. everybody has and opinion and will state it, doesnt mean that it is necessarily against you! could be for information purposes or just because one wants to give their opinion. no need to take everything so personal :D i learn tons from these threads like this. they make me think and try and reason out things, that is a good thing! :D

(and i deal with this stuff, ie blood flow to the brain, every day. it is pretty important in animals as well you know :) )

I missed the part in that post where it mentions that it takes longer than four seconds to faint, which in the end, was the only thing I was debating. I couldn't care less why that guy fainted. And I love debating, have you seen some of my threads? Why did I take it personally? Take what personally? You didn't attack me as a person, but you did quote my post before disagreeing with it, so I retorted. That's how debates go. And you may learn a ton from threads like these, but I'm 99.9% sure that this thread was purely for a chuckle. I highly doubt the OP meant for it to degrade into people debating why he passed out or if he has a medical condition. LOL.

I like you ATW, no hard feelings on my end. I can get in a heated debate (not saying this was heated or even luke-warm) and still like the person.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I missed the part in that post where it mentions that it takes longer than four seconds to faint, which in the end, was the only thing I was debating. I couldn't care less why that guy fainted. And I love debating, have you seen some of my threads? Why did I take it personally? Take what personally? You didn't attack me as a person, but you did quote my post before disagreeing with it, so I retorted. That's how debates go. And you may learn a ton from threads like these, but I'm 99.9% sure that this thread was purely for a chuckle. I highly doubt the OP meant for it to degrade into people debating why he passed out or if he has a medical condition. LOL.

I like you ATW, no hard feelings on my end. I can get in a heated debate (not saying this was heated or even luke-warm) and still like the person.

LOL some of the best threads on here are ones that start out for entertainment purposes and then develop into something more.

i try to learn something from EVERYTHING that i do, no matter whether it is for entertainment or a surgery that i have done thousands of times! it makes me better at my job and keeps life more interesting! and this is the internet, im sure you are the same as i am and dont take it for more than it is :)

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
I highly doubt the OP meant for it to degrade into people debating why he passed out or if he has a medical condition. LOL.

I posted this video in the hopes of killing a few brain cells. lol

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I posted this video in the hopes of killing a few brain cells. lol

i think a video of SAD choking somebody out in less than a second would be good for killing a few brain cells as well. :D

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
i think a video of SAD choking somebody out in less than a second would be good for killing a few brain cells as well. :D

I'm a little too paranoid to post up a video of myself choking someone out in less than 4 seconds (remember I said that it is exceedingly difficult to cut the blood supply completely off, so less than 1 second happens, but very rarely), but I will see what I can do about finding a video from a grappling tourney where somebody goes out fast.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
^You're both wrong. No underlying medical condition ATW, you didn't see me punch him in the neck? rewatch the vid in super-slow motion.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
^You're both wrong. No underlying medical condition ATW, you didn't see me punch him in the neck? rewatch the vid in super-slow motion.

LOLOL dang it, i think i need my eyes checked again. i will watch in super slow motion!!

ok- yep, i see it now! thanks for letting me in on that :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic