pbtom
What's New?

Life is funny

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I've been fortunate during this covid19 situation to have a jobby job. Well, that come to an end Friday afternoon at 330pCT on my way to my workout.
Talk about a kick to the nutz. I had no idea this was coming. I was so taken aback with this. Been there almost 6 yrs now.

So i'm back to the job market and have reached out to my contacts. I've got plenty of support and lots of opportunities, i'm in a fortunate position and industry that allows for that. But to make the decision myself is one thing, to be forced is yet another.
At least my firm has offered to give me 6 weeks' compensation and a recruiter to help me find a new job. That was pretty decent.

Anyway trying to keep my head up and look at this as a positive.
Now....to get hired during a pandemic......interviews on the web.....web cam, etc. Everything handled remotely, etc. Will be interesting.

Have a good one. Might be on here more....lol.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Bummer let your bubbly personality shine through on the video crap

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Sorry for the job loss that sucks. Worse when you think all is well and they dump on you.

Keep positive!!!!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@trentracks i have a bubbly personality??!! bwahaha.....

@monsoon i don't want to make money with webcams LOL. I have a lot of experience in Project / Program Management (have agile experience; project management experience in both infrastructure and app dev). Been in IT my entire career.

@rawdeal LOL.....although i may lack some nutz...i sometimes feel like i got 'em...bwahaha. No, i won't send you pics in your DM for proof : )

@Tuffoldman Thank you sir.....Yes, all was well....had a great last review; just got a raise a few weeks ago....was getting high praises as of late. But hey, its this whole covid thing and affecting business......just finally affecting me.

OK...my schedule for this next week:

Monday: update resume and blast out to everyone LOL.
Tuesday-Friday: check email/phone for any responses.

Well, I can get to the gym earlier in the day instead of early evening like the others. That is a plus!!!!

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Ok I was to polite bitch ..Sorry...... lol

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Bova, sorry to hear about the employment change. That really sucks. Reach out to your network of contacts. The economy is beginning to bounce back, and you might find this whole thing to be a blessing in disguise!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Plenty of PM work out there with all these remote installs etc, go get'em

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Things like this can sometimes turn out for the best, you never know.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic