pbtom
What's New?

Life is funny

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
[mention]trentracks [/mention] thank you for being polite!

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
unemployment on steroids is still on till July 30. Collect what ever your state awards you plus $600 from the feds. It may get extended, doubtful but possible.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Bova I’m sorry to hear this. You are smart, educated, funny, great personality and will rock those webcam interviews! You got this, the tech industry is booming!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Aww that sucks. Hope it doesn't get you down. I lost a job of 3+ years in December in a somewhat surprise downsizing. I'm working in a contract position currently but I feel like a temp and hate that.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
That sucks! Didn’t you relocate because of your job? Maybe I’m wrong on that, I’m old & forgetful. Anyway good luck to you!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@Wallyd LOL, no i did not relocate due to a job. Must have been the other guy....lol. Or gal or whatever lol.

Thank you all!
I’m talking to a recruiter this afternoon and another recruiter tomorrow. Going to let them do most of the work lol. I found a couple positions and applied to them yesterday. Mostly been reaching out to my network of contacts on LinkedIn making it known I’m in the market. Getting the word out....

Day 1 unemployment. I was really busy.
Day 2 unemployment: Training at gym at 10aCT (haha, can do that now); 2p: call w/recruiter. Running some errands in between. I’m already going nuts, so I’m going to tackle rooms at the house and do some decluttering and cleaning.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I hope you never find a job and go into poverty so I can become your Sugar Daddy.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@CFM scary thought....but let’s run with it. Hypothetically.....say i needed a new outfit.....would you just hand over the money? :)

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
@Wallyd LOL, no i did not relocate due to a job. Must have been the other guy....lol. Or gal or whatever lol.

Thank you all!
I’m talking to a recruiter this afternoon and another recruiter tomorrow. Going to let them do most of the work lol. I found a couple positions and applied to them yesterday. Mostly been reaching out to my network of contacts on LinkedIn making it known I’m in the market. Getting the word out....

Day 1 unemployment. I was really busy.
Day 2 unemployment: Training at gym at 10aCT (haha, can do that now); 2p: call w/recruiter. Running some errands in between. I’m already going nuts, so I’m going to tackle rooms at the house and do some decluttering and cleaning.
I just returned back to work after 3 months.

I could use another 3 months :D

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I have to admit that when I became unemployed and had a couple "sure thing" jobs fall through I got depressed. I lost motivation to work out even though I had huge blocks of free time on my hands, though I did force myself to some. Its too bad because now I'm working again and I have to make time to work out. Lesson I should learn is there is always another job out there.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Mine wasn't so bad. I had a job to go back to, I just had to wait out the unemployment but that was fine.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic