Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Life insurance blood work

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
I've been trying to get my finances lined up (I'm 52 and do HRT 150mg a week) and I wanted to get some life insurance for my wife in case I kick the bucket. This last Saturday a nurse came to my place in the morning and really I haven't had a blood test in a few years so I didn't know what to expect as far as the outcome!! I don't remember if they said don't eat anything but I still managed to mess that up!!

One mistake I did is I was trying to hydrate (wanted to make sure I was hydrated so hemocrit would be normal I thought) and we had some Liquid I.V. powder which is a water multiplier and not realizing that it has sugar in it and green coffee extract (I'm really sensitive to caffeine and this caused my blood pressure to go up) which was a bad idea and may have caused my blood glucose to be 110 which on the graph was borderline normal/high.

So these are some of the things on there that want to see what I should do and also if they are okay, just get some advice to fix them.

Cholesterol : 167mg/dl (normal)
LDL: 81mg/dl (normal)
HDL: 74.7 mg/dl (High)
Cholesterol ratio: 2.2 (normal)
Triglycerides: 53 mg/dl (normal)

Glucose: 110 mg/dl ( on the line between Normal/High on graph) Liquid IV raised it?

SGOT (AST) 47 U/L (High) Maybe tylenol during the week plus I take kratom could have raised it?
SGPT (ALT) 41 U/L (Normal)

Fructosamine 1.85mmol/l (High)

Kidneys
BUN 1.5mg/dl (normal)
GFR 97.41 ml/min (Normal)
Creatinine 1.10 mg/dl (normal)
URN Creatinine 19.0 mg% (normal)

I'm going to go to the doctors to get my blood glucose but this time I'll be fasted as I bought a glucometer and I get readings the last 2 days in the morning of 79 and 81 today. As far as the HDL should I worry about that as I was taking Carderine (5 mg 2X's a day) and I"m pretty sure that raised it.

About the liver I was thinking of using glutathione (do Roc's liver protocol here on TID) doing it Every third month to get the AST down.

Any advice I welcome it and thank you!!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Wow, you're in better shape than me! HIGH Hdl??? I didn't even know that existed.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
It has to be the Carderine as I heard on Leo Longevity that it raises HDL (but it's also can be a carcinogen) that is raises HDL, I didn't know before hand what HDL baseline was but I wanted to give it a nudge, but like they say "to much of a good thing can be bad" I don't know if that applies here or not worry about that.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Liquid IV most likely screwed with the glucose.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Tell em you drank a big cup of coffee with bunch of sugar. That sent your glucose up and raised your BP.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Drop the cardarine, it may have some effect on LFTs, or the elevation in AST/ALT is from muscle damage. 40 - 50's is not uncommon in lifters and not significantly elevated. If you're concerned with HCT, donate blood about a week before redoing the labs vs trying to overhydrate. Also check CK, it that is elevated then the increase in AST/ALT is coming from muscle, not liver. Take a week off from lifting before having the bloodwork done, that should lower AST/ALT, also be mindful that ALT has a much longer half life in circulation, it will remain elevated longer following muscle injury.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I sold life ins. for over 30 yrs. and unfortunately there are no redo's on life ins. exams. Your results will not get you declined as long as you didn't test positive for HIV. Did you tell the nurse you had not fasted for the exam? If you told her you did then they may ask for a statement from your Dr., always best to be honest when doing these exams. Worst case is your premium will be higher than if your numbers were perfect. Non-smokers can have up to 7 levels of premium plus another 9 levels of rated premium if you have health issues like diabetes. About 10% of the population get the best price. Whatever premium they initially give you can be lowered in 2 yrs if your numbers are significantly better at that time.

S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
I am sure the carriers have certain baselines they use to determine pricing, so the trick is to be careful what eat or drink and any medications you take are also disclosed as medications can also affect blood values too. Fasting is a must for the blood tests so make sure you start that no less than 12 hrs before the appointment time. This way your results aren't unnecessarily skewed.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Thank you gentlemen, I was so nervous that day as really I hadn't had a blood test in a while so I had no idea how good or bad things were gonna be. I stopped working out 3 days (training hard too) before the test, I don't know where I got that idea why I thought 3 days would do the job and that's why liver was a little high. I did tell the nurse that I had had coffee with cream and sugar (she wrote that down) as the BP was a little high (I check BP regularly usually 120's and 70's) not realizing that Liquid IV had green coffee nut extract and sugar.

If I go to my doctor and have glucose checked fasted, BP without any caffeine, not work out for a week (liver values) in other words have everything in the normal range, will that help me or is this it? Thank you all for all the info!

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Best approach if you live in a state that allows on-line labs to be ordered, (Walk-in Labs for example that uses Quest or LabCorp) is to order the Wellness Express Panel, $59. Covers most everything. https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/wellness-express-blood-panel. Then you know where you stand before you go in for the "on the record labs." The same can be done with testosterone, estradiol, HCT/HB, etc. if your doc freaks out when these come in high. Remember for T to use the LC/MS-MS assay esp if you are using nandrolone along with HRT, it will not show up in the LC/MS, there is cross-reactivity in the standard assays that will increase your total and free T with ND. With elevated estradiol, better to add masterone and cut back the T than add an AI. Just my two cents. Wish compounding pharmacies would make mast P or E. Best way IMO to mitigate elevated E2 from T esp with HRT in older guys that have high aromatase activity.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Best approach if you live in a state that allows on-line labs to be ordered, (Walk-in Labs for example that uses Quest or LabCorp) is to order the Wellness Express Panel, $59. Covers most everything. https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/wellness-express-blood-panel. Then you know where you stand before you go in for the "on the record labs." The same can be done with testosterone, estradiol, HCT/HB, etc. if your doc freaks out when these come in high. Remember for T to use the LC/MS-MS assay esp if you are using nandrolone along with HRT, it will not show up in the LC/MS, there is cross-reactivity in the standard assays that will increase your total and free T with ND. With elevated estradiol, better to add masterone and cut back the T than add an AI. Just my two cents. Wish compounding pharmacies would make mast P or E. Best way IMO to mitigate elevated E2 from T esp with HRT in older guys that have high aromatase activity.

YES! I was going to suggest this approach as well. I used it a time or two at my last job before their yearly wellness testing to see where I was. They always did their testing at the end of the year....right smack in the middle or end of the damn holiday season:mad: lol

B

BarbaraMaddox

Aug 22, 2022
Hematocrit is the percentage content of the form elements of blood in its total volume. Since the vast majority of them are erythrocytes, as a rule, this indicator reflects the number of these structures concerning plasma. It may vary up or down in some diseases and helps diagnose.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic