Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Douglas S
What's New?

Leverage Machines are getting Out of Control...

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
They are not longer muscle building machines they are EGO building machines. If they wanted to build them where it was strictly for muscle building they can design them so less weight it used with the same resistance. It sucks, I own a gym and I have to stock up on way more plates now than ever because of this. I use all rubber coated plates and DB's so they last longer and make less noise which means much higher cost. It's insane and I agree with the OP is makes no sense.

Also, IMO and this is just my opinion you don't get stronger using machines you get stronger with free weights. Now when I say stronger I am not talking the amount of weight you lift I mean the amount of weight your body can stabilize and handle correctly outside of a one-directional plane. Machines make you lose mobility but even more so you lose stability. I would rather lift 100lbs in a very unstable position that lifts 150lbs but have to get into a proper stance and move only in one directional plane. Sorry it's hard to explain what I am saying but life is not set up on a stable bench, most of the time when we are working on something we have one leg here and one leg wherever we can get a foothold and it's not always perfectly even. That dude shoulder pressing looks impressive YES but can he push a car? I know that's legs but just an example gym strength on a leg press does not mean you are truly real world strong.

I love guys that leg press 900lbs but can't squat 135.. Really? Bad back? no? Oh, no one is impressed with your 115lbs Quarter Squat.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Thank you for that post. Spot on. ^^^

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic